Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Am I the only one who is not in LOVE with their Britax marathon (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94137)

runningdiva 02-02-2007 07:35 AM

Am I the only one who is not in LOVE with their Britax marathon

No flames, and don't jump down my throat since I am not feeling the love for this thing but am I the only one who thinks that this is a royal PITA to tighten the harness straps? I can't do it..... I have to throw my entire body weight into this thing and I still can't get it as tight as I want to...... I have had DH watch me several times to tell me what I am doing wrong and proceeds to tell me nothing.. it's just a very poor design (he is an engineer) and he thinks it fairly hard to get as tight as they reccomend.

Is there anyone else not feeling the love for this thing??? everyone I know has one and loves it and I need to know how they tighten this thing everytime. You should only have one-two finger width between the strap and the child and I can't do it.

Ontariomama 02-02-2007 07:37 AM

Re: Am I the only one who is not in LOVE with their Britax marathon

Our straps are like that too. I have to reach underneath and pull on the strap that way, and then tighten it with the racheting part. PITA for sure... at least the cow print is cute? ;)

runningdiva 02-02-2007 07:41 AM

reach underneath where?? I am having a hard time visualizing this.....

somersocial 02-02-2007 07:48 AM

Sorry for your frustration mama! I have two Marathons and I find it real easy to tighten down the straps - I often feel it get the straps too tight. I am sure you have went over this - but is there a chance it is threaded wrong?

christi2705 02-02-2007 07:49 AM

I don't know :headscratch:

I've never had a problem, I just pull the strap a few times till it's tight.

Where are the straps in relation to the shoulders?

png_lovebirds 02-02-2007 07:56 AM

I have the Decathalon and it's the same way!! I can't even tighten it...DH has to do it!

mommyto2presidents 02-02-2007 08:34 AM

Have those of you having issues contacted Britax's customer service? IME they have been VERY helpful and will help troubleshoot with you to see if something is amiss. HTH!

Mommy2JJ 02-02-2007 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by png_lovebirds (Post 699409)
I have the Decathalon and it's the same way!! I can't even tighten it...DH has to do it!

We have the same problem...I can never get it tight enough.....

sammy21901 02-02-2007 08:46 AM

You know it's pretty sad when you're worried about flaming just because you don't like a carseat! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: Shame on us mamas!

I don't have much advice. We have/had five Britax's and not had any problems. I second the opinion of calling their customer service. It should not be that hard to get baby in tight. I forget which knob the marathon has, is it the button or the lever?

runningdiva 02-02-2007 08:54 AM

It's a lever on the marathon.
well, I am going to call CS. Good idea, but I am glad to know I am not the only one who is having difficulty but it makes me wonder why???:headscratch: