Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cloth or disposable wipies? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9433)

Sarah0903 05-27-2006 07:45 PM

Cloth or disposable wipies?

Which is better and why? What do you use and are there any tips and tricks to the cloth ones I shoudl know about?

bfoster2000 05-27-2006 08:24 PM

Re: Cloth or disposable wipies?

DJ's still in sposies during the day while I'm working which means that every morning I put a sposie on him and he comes home in one every evening. And we had just bought a case of sposie wipes right before I switched to cloth so we still have those hanging around. So, the wipes warmer is right there on the changing table with the sposie wipes in it, but honestly, I mostly only use those when he's actually wearing a sposie these days. At first I thought it would be easier to keep using the sposie wipes but it's kind of gross to get him all cleaned up and then have to separate the poopy wipes from the diaper and toss them (meaning leave them hanging around). I mean, when I change a poopy sposie, the wipes go inside the diaper, then I roll the whole mess up, fasten it shut and toss it...so it's a nice neat little package. But if I toss just the wipes, then there's poopy wipes just sitting there in the open.

If he's wearing cloth and I realize he's dirty, I just grab a washrag or two and wet them (just warm tap water) on the way to the changing table. On the weekends, when he's in cloth all the time, I'll wet a few rags or cloth wipes and stash them in the wipes warmer on top of the sposie wipes so that they are handy.

When these sposie wipes are gone, I'm seriously thinking I'll just use cloth wipes all the time...even with sposie diapers. I've looked at the different wipes recipes and solutions but plain water is working well for now. If it ain't broke...

hollyhobby30 05-27-2006 08:31 PM

I use cloth now. I have a diaper warmer and just wet a stack of wipes in the sink and put them in warmer. I use them in 2 days so they don't get yucky and just add more. You can add baby bits or baby shampoo but I just like plan water and it does the trick. Just toss in with your diapers.

toryandrew 05-27-2006 08:32 PM

We never use 'sposies not evn at daycare. We use cloth wipes because the easiest thing to do is to put the dirty wipes in the dirty diaper and throw it all into the wetbag. We keep them wet in a 'sposie container.

At daycare they prefer 'sposie wipes because they have a changing area and a trash thing right there. They don't really get the idea of cloth wipes. I have tried to explain how they are easier but they still want the throw away kind.

I use Dixie Drops wipe solution.

momto2sweeties 05-27-2006 08:33 PM

I love cloth wipes! I figure as long as I am washing diapers I might as well be washing wipes. They clean so much better, and no worries about chemicals on my baby's skin. I just run a few under warm water right before I change him. We have some of Leobaby's and adore them. Let me see if I can get a link for you. :lostit:

veganmamma 05-27-2006 08:34 PM

Cloth. I keep a spray bottle filled with water next to my basket of cloth wipes. I wet them as needed. Even in my diaper bag I keep them with diapers. I wet them before the change. I wash them in the same load as the diapers.

I bought baby wash clothes and use them as wipes. They work great. HTH. :goodvibes:

momto2sweeties 05-27-2006 08:36 PM

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1512

Here's a link to her wipes. We have the flannel/ sherpa ones and my daughter calls them her "nice wipes" .:rofl:

SandyG 05-27-2006 08:42 PM

i use cloth but if he has those goooey (well had , he dont poop on his trainer :cry: ) i use to use the flushable wipies kind.

rowynne 05-27-2006 09:58 PM

Cloth wipes here too. was wetting as i needed but found holding a poopy wriggling 16mo old wasnt easy while spraying wipes so now i wet a few for a few days & use them. easier. i also use dixie drops

wbkt8 05-27-2006 10:19 PM

i use cloth at home and have some sposie wipes in the diaper bag. i tried using cloth in the diaper bag but b/c it just stays out there & i don't always have a good way to wet the wipes i was having problems with forgetting i'd put pre-wetted wipes in there & they'd get funky. :yuck: