Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What's going on?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94609)

sweetiejo5 02-02-2007 09:15 PM

What's going on??

I recently switched to wool for our overnight solution. We have an Aristocrats wool soaker. I have been putting hemp fitteds underneath. (several types, several combos) Everyone says that this is foolproof. Not really true for us. For a few days, it was okay. DD woke up with the diaper and soaker full to the max but clothes and sheets were okay but for the past couple of nights it has been bad. One morning she woke up and her pjs were soaked but the wool wasn't soaked all over. What happened there? Then last night I went in for a feeding around 1 am and she was already soaked through. I knew I was going to have to change her but thought that I might be wrong so I thought I would wait and see what happened. Went back a few hours later and her clothes and bed were soaked too. Why isn't this working for us??? :banghead:

I really need a solution. If we have a middle of the night diaper change, she is guaranteed to be up for at least an hour. At LEAST. Don't know why but it makes her scream like crazy and then she is unable to go back to sleep.

We'll see how tonight goes but if anyone has any tips in the meantime.....

dessismama 02-02-2007 09:45 PM

Re: What's going on??

Maybe you need to relanolize your Aristocrat. Or maybe your hemp fitteds are not as absorbent... :headscratch:

cloth-centric 02-02-2007 09:47 PM

Ditto on the Lanolizing the soaker!
Do your dipes need a stripping?

graces-mommie 02-02-2007 10:40 PM

what fitteds have you already tried?

MilkOnDemand 02-02-2007 10:53 PM

2 thoughts. 1st, is the wool completely dried out? I'd suggest at least 2 soakers. 2nd, I'd make sure to go with a good overnight diaper - not just a fitted (even if it is hemp)

2Boys1Girl4Me 02-03-2007 07:35 AM

Ditto the PP. I'd suggest washing/lanolizing the soaker again especially if you bought it new. I've found that my Aristocrats always work better after a 2nd lanolizing.

Have you tried any pocket fitteds? Swaddlebees and Happy Hempy's have worked well for us. That gives you the option to add more absorbancy if needed and might work well for your heavy wetter.

sweetiejo5 02-03-2007 07:49 AM

Thanks for the replies- We have used the SB and the HH pocket fitteds, and even regular pockets. Wool has been lanolized twice and doesn't appear to be dried out at all. :headscratch:

I think that the sizing might be off on the soaker??? We had more leaks this morning but around the legs and back. Do I need a different size?

e and d 02-03-2007 07:53 AM

I think you need a different fitted. The most absorbent I've found for night, by far, is Lullaby Dreams by Lullaby Diapers. They are bulky but really do the job!

2Boys1Girl4Me 02-03-2007 07:55 AM

If it's not drying between uses then you might need a 2nd to rotate between the two.

How big is your babe and what size soaker are you using?

MamaMel 02-03-2007 08:04 AM

is she wearing onsies or tight fitted PJs? could be compression leaks