Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Doc. Not liking ecological breastfeeding for PP birth control. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948699)

descrstn 03-15-2010 10:01 AM

Doc. Not liking ecological breastfeeding for PP birth control.

My Dr. wanted to know my method of BC for after the baby and I said I planned to intentionally use lactational amenorrhea practicing "ecological breastfeeding" for natural child spacing.

Well she and her apprentice are telling me it won't work effectively (even though it did - my child was 4 when I concieved) I don't want the issue brought up again because I don't want to be patronized in front of my husband, who will likely be paranoid if he hears our method won't work. Which is sure to affect our intimate life, if he gets that idea in his head.

I feel like they are alluding to an IUD because they know I don't like hormones??? But I don't want that either.

What are you supposed to do as the less educated patient and the Dr. doesn't like your BC method of choice?

iggyloo 03-15-2010 10:19 AM

Re: Doc. Not liking ecological breastfeeding for PP birth control.

Well if you are set in what you want to do, then it doesn't really matter what the Doc says, does it?

mommajewels 03-15-2010 10:22 AM

Doc shouldnt push BC on you, period. She should ask if you want it and when you decline that should be the end of the story.

MySillyBearCub 03-15-2010 10:24 AM

Re-educate your Dr? Also, could you leave DH at home or in the waiting room? Really, it's non of your Dr's business what you are or aren't using unless you choose to discuss it with them.

Weezy6703 03-15-2010 10:27 AM

For real..what pp's said. It's your choice. It may not be as reliable as other methods, however if it's what you choose then so be it!!

youarelovely 03-15-2010 10:33 AM

I don't really see it as being any of his business. Your BC is your own business, right ?!?

mom2kaydncolt 03-15-2010 10:46 AM

I agree with the pp, its none of their business. We use NFP combined with breastfeeding. I'm having my fourth baby and probably most people on the planet would think it would be really stupid to get pg again too soon (if ever) but its really up to us and not the Dr or anyone else. I simply wouldn't discuss the topic again and if they tried to bring it up I would cut them off by saying that you've made your decision and it's no longer up for discussion.

JerBearsMama 03-15-2010 11:17 AM

you body, your business, your decision. shame on the doctor for expressing his opinion on such a personal matter.

Sally's Red Meadow 03-15-2010 11:35 AM

I thought that BF was a very popular method to space out children. If you check out the TTC forum, there are ladies doing all kinds of things to become pregnant while BF. I would take that as a good sign that BF the way you mention would work really well.

Pyrodjm 03-15-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youarelovely (Post 9809634)
I don't really see it as being any of his business. Your BC is your own business, right ?!?

ITA
It's your decision to make. Period. What difference does it make if he likes?