Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Those with stores... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9523)

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 05-28-2006 10:28 AM

Those with stores...

Where can you buy wholesale diapers? I would love to open up a cloth store, I'd probably sell other items too, but have no idea how to get started.

2sweetboys 05-28-2006 10:31 AM

Re: Those with stores...

:popcorn: wanting to know also!

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 05-28-2006 10:34 AM

cute pic :)

mama23boys 05-28-2006 10:49 AM

:popcorn:

CMamma 05-28-2006 10:51 AM

You may want to move this question to the WAHM forum... but first off, before you can buy wholesale, you have to have a business license b/c you can't buy from a manufacturer unless you have a business/resale license. There are tons of places out there... from bigger businesses to WAHMs that wholesale their products (like me LOL).

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 05-28-2006 11:19 AM

how do you go about getting a license? :)

CMamma 05-28-2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GavinsMommy
how do you go about getting a license? :)

You go through your state. Call the license place (where you get car, boat, dog license) & ask or google it. I completed all mine online & paid the $ & was able to print out mine in a matter of minutes.

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 05-28-2006 12:35 PM

oh great, thanks! :)

rlharp5375 05-28-2006 12:56 PM

In some states you don't actually need a business license, but just a wholesale resale certficate. It depends on your state laws. I got all my info of the Secretary of State's website in my state. Once you name your business you need to register a DBA (doing business as). That took the most effort for me, because I had to go to the county courthouse to do this. Once that is done, it is just a matter of doing research on products. I have binders full of products I like. Some diaper companies aren't taking retailers right now, so you have to go on a wating list. Thats me right now. I am on several waiting lists. Some companies require a minimun order too. Which is hard to do when you have alot of products to consider.

You should check out www.diaperdecisions.com WAHM forum. They have diaper businesses for sale. That would be easier to me than starting from scratch like I did. If you have more questions you can pm me. Diaper decisions also had a section on starting business. I would be more than willing answer your questions as best I can.:thumbsup:

Rachel

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 05-28-2006 01:03 PM

ok thanks hun :)