Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Lookie what I did yesterday!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=956)

imommy 04-24-2006 07:59 PM

Lookie what I did yesterday!!!

This is too much fun. I did some purple too (unfortunately they're too small but FS if you want them!) and am getting ready to do some red! Woohoo!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...c/100_3516.jpg

hollyhobby30 04-24-2006 08:03 PM

Re: Lookie what I did yesterday!!!

WOW!! Great job mama!!

beckers1111 04-24-2006 08:06 PM

yeay mama!!! what kind of dye did you use?? I cant seem to find dylon around here anywhere... :mad:

imommy 04-24-2006 08:08 PM

I got Dylon at our Wal-Mart but had to ask for it because I couldn't find it. They only had a few colors so I'm going to the craft store to see if they have more. If you can't find any, let me know and I can get some for you and you can send me some PP. I think it was $1.50 for each pack or something like that. Well worth my pirty prefolds!!! I love them and am addicted. As soon as I get more dye I won't have a white or cream prefold left in the house :D

Jemgirl 04-24-2006 08:08 PM

Those look GREAT! I'm going to attempt that tomorrow:) I'm debating on whether or not to have the 4 yr old help....?

bfoster2000 04-24-2006 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jemgirl
Those look GREAT! I'm going to attempt that tomorrow:) I'm debating on whether or not to have the 4 yr old help....?

I say go for it...put one of Daddy's t-shirts on her and let her go to town. When I was a camp counsellor, we would put dye in spray bottles and then hang t-shirts (or towels or pillow cases) on a clothes line and let the kids spray them. For the little bitty ones, that seemed to require a little less coordination and they get the instant gratification of seeing what they're doing right away. And it makes a really cool splatter effect. Make it educational by seeing how the colors mix (red and yellow make orange, yellow and blue make green, etc.) Worst case, they're "only diapers", right?

I couldn't find Dylon dye here either...my options were Rit (which I've heard bleeds forever) or a Rainbow Rock kit so I went with that. I did them this afternoon and now I'm trying very hard to resist the urge to go take a little peek. Hopefully I'll have pics in the morning!

And great job imommy...I hope mine turn out as well as yours...they look awesome!

bfoster2000 04-24-2006 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jemgirl

I say go for it...put one of Daddy's t-shirts on her and let her go to town. When I was a camp counsellor, we would put dye in spray bottles and then hang t-shirts (or towels or pillow cases) on a clothes line and let the kids spray them. For the little bitty ones, that seemed to require a little less coordination and they get the instant gratification of seeing what they're doing right away. And it makes a really cool splatter effect. Make it educational by seeing how the colors mix (red and yellow make orange, yellow and blue make green, etc.) Worst case, they're "only diapers", right?

I couldn't find Dylon dye here either...my options were Rit (which I've heard bleeds forever) or a Rainbow Rock kit so I went with that. I did them this afternoon and now I'm trying very hard to resist the urge to go take a little peek. Hopefully I'll have pics in the morning!

And great job imommy...I hope mine turn out as well as yours...they look awesome!

mommy2zander 04-24-2006 08:50 PM

awesome!! :D

jessicad 04-24-2006 09:37 PM

Those look great! (as I look around for something that I can dye :D )

mamas120 04-24-2006 09:59 PM

Very nice!