Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   xbox 360 question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=959695)

beckymomof2 04-01-2010 04:54 PM

xbox 360 question

I have a three year old and a five year old. Both are girls. Does anyone know of any xbox 360 games good for that age range? My husband has the xbox 360 and I thought it might be nice to get a couple games for the kids to use on occassion. I haven't bought any games for it, so I have no idea what is out there for that age range.

evemarieisrad 04-01-2010 11:01 PM

Re: xbox 360 question

beautiful katamari, it is kind of odd. you roll a ball that picks up stuff and you have to get it so big in so much time. the 'menu' is great for younger kids.
mini ninjas, i want to get to play with my daughter because it is really cute, but younger kids would definitely need help. after you defeat the enemies, you could let them roam around though.

mom23boys 04-03-2010 09:08 PM

you can always rent a couple and see if you/the kids like them before buying. :-)

beckymomof2 04-04-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23boys (Post 9946669)
you can always rent a couple and see if you/the kids like them before buying. :-)

Now why didn't I think of that?

IsasMomma 04-04-2010 04:35 PM

You can also try Gamefly or Gotta play. You can usually find a free trial. Same rule as Netflix.

amygamie 04-04-2010 05:23 PM

Hmm the five year old might like wall-E, it got amazing reviews, if you have xbox live you can download a demo of it (your husband should know where to go to find the demos) it has been so long since we tried out the dmeo of it I am not quiet sure what age demographic it was targeting but a quick run on a demo will let you and the child know if it is a game they are ready to play.

But ratatouille is most definitely be up the five years olds ally and will be entertaining for the three year old to watch. My nephews and nieces love to play it on the game cube and the younger babies and toddlers love to sit down and watch and pretend they are playing with an unplugged controller.

By now both games should be very cheap to buy. If gaming ends up being their thing then by all means use it as a reward for good behavior and fulfilling their responsibilities. My husband and I are gamers but we both agree not limiting gaming from the beginning and setting up ground rules first (we both were allowed free range in gaming as children so we remember first hand how quickly it can be abused if allowed) isn't a good idea. Gaming often ends up being all the encouragement needed for proper behavior if used as a reward.

With the 360 you need to make the child their own user avatar and use your parental controls to set limits on it, you can set timer limits for how long they can play at a time, limits on the time of day it can be played, what maturity ratings of games can be played and what they are allowed to have access too (I think you can limit more so on what games can be blocked from being played from why they received their rating scores by like drugs, violence, lanuage and etc, but I am not 100% sure on that one). Even if your not sure they will be playing game very much go ahead and do this now with your husband and you both can establish gaming rules together and find out what is important to the both of you.

suthrnmomto3 01-05-2013 04:13 PM

We had one and had a Kinect and had a nick dance game my kids loved it...still have it all but our Xbox went kaput...

PailPowder 01-05-2013 05:54 PM

If you have, or can swing, a Kinect my kids loved Kinectimals!(I think that's what it's called). My 7yo loves the Lego games. And my 5yo girl LOVES the Sonic classics game. We got it at Gamestop for I think $15-$20.

suthrnmomto3 01-05-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PailPowder (Post 16119848)
If you have, or can swing, a Kinect my kids loved Kinectimals!(I think that's what it's called). My 7yo loves the Lego games. And my 5yo girl LOVES the Sonic classics game. We got it at Gamestop for I think $15-$20.

Oh I forgot about those...awesome too!!! As I said I have a bunch of them but our Xbox tore up. I could trade some games I have.

JamieJLD 01-05-2013 05:59 PM

If you have Kinect my little girls LOVE "Kinect Party". It is a really fun game where people can enter and leave at any time and play little 2 minute mini games like jumping around to pop popcorn or being a monster and tearing down buildings.