Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Wipes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9661)

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 05-28-2006 10:39 PM

Wipes

What is the best fabric to make wipes out of?

mommy2zander 05-28-2006 11:23 PM

Re: Wipes

Hmm, this is really a personal preference, I think...
I make mine out of flannel, fleece, knit, velour & washable suede...
many other mamas also use sherpa & can't think of what else...
I'm sure you'll get more answers!! :hugegrin:

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 05-28-2006 11:32 PM

thanks :) and I am currently using disposie wipes, so with cloth wipes do you mix up a solution or buy one or just use water w/ or w/out soap? sorry tons of questions lol I am very new to CD hehe

FitMommyOf2 05-29-2006 03:48 AM

I love flannel or velour wipes for the less messy changes (or even for using for wiping the face, hands etc) and the ones w/more 'grip' (like sherpa, terry) for the poo changes.
I mostly mix my own solution (2 Tbsp of baby oil, 2 Tbsp of baby shampoo/wash, 2 cups hot water, sometimes a few drops of TTO though I find Mason to react to it sensitively, so I rarely use it anymore) and use a squirt bottle and spray each wipe when I need it. I also have a sposie container w/~8 wipes in there, wet already though, after my one squirt bottle stopped working. I still like the squirt method the best though.

You can also buy solutions or stuff like 'Baby bits' or Honey chunks, which are small squares of soap which you dilute w/2 cups of water.

HTH! :)

SarahJane 05-29-2006 07:58 AM

I'm currently using flannel and terry soft wash clothes. I just have a water bottle next to my changing table and dampen the cloth before using. I've found that the flannel is better at cleaning up than the wash clothes. It just depends. I'd love some cute ones, but I'm spending my $ on my stash right now. I took some old flannel diapers, cut them in half, surged the side and have lot now.

Good luck,

SJ

EmmalinesMom 05-29-2006 08:39 AM

I use flannel, velour, sherpa, baby knit terry....lots of different fabrics. :) I usually just wet them under the tap as I need them, but sometimes I'll keep a spray bottle of Diaper Lotion Potion or similar around too. :)

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 05-29-2006 09:57 AM

thanks everyone :)
what is TTO?
and what about a wipe warmer, I use one right now, can I still somehow with washable wipes?

tararaboomdeea 05-29-2006 10:03 AM

What Jennifer said! :laugh:

I don't make any, but I have some of hers and they're soooooo soft! We use them for wipes and my older two have been using them in the tub for washcloths :mrgreen:

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 05-29-2006 10:18 AM

I just ordered some from her :D

erayne 05-29-2006 07:27 PM

Right now I'm using baby washclothes. They are perfect IMO. Not quite as soft as some of the wipes, but they do the job! I love Dixie Babies soaps...they smell so good! I also make my own solution when I don't have any of the DB...it's the same as the PP....2 c water, 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp baby soap. :)