Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska & Hawaii (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Anchorage cd supplies? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=966494)

Auravik 04-13-2010 12:31 PM

Anchorage cd supplies?

I'm going to be in Anchorage for a few months (and will give birth there), and am wondering where to buy stuff if I need it (like rice paper liners and maybe more nb covers and who-knows-what-else).

I leave Friday and, yes, I'm panicking a little about packing stuff for 2 kids, 1 newborn, and maternity & post-partum stuff for me. Not to mention diapers for the nearly 3 year old and the newborn, and night diapers for the nearly 5 year old.

I know there are g diapers at Fred Meyer, and Kushies (bleh) at Junior Towne. Is Birch Tree Baby still around? Are there other places? And is there any place in town to get Country Save laundry detergent?

MommyShay923 04-13-2010 03:49 PM

Re: Anchorage cd supplies?

There use to be a place called sugar & spice (i think that was the name) but they went out of business. The Natural Pantry has gdiaper cover and inserts. I believe Natural Pantry has Country Save. Yes, Birch Tree is still around you order on there site and can go pick it up. Search on Anchorage craigslist too!

Auravik 04-14-2010 07:33 AM

Thanks a lot! I'll stop trying to figure out where I can cram a 10lb box of laundry detergent...

ACapitan 04-15-2010 01:06 PM

There is a place called "Sweet Camo Babytique" on Arctic across from McDolands. It is upstairs from Arctic Playground. They have a bunch of diapers and supplies. The hours are a little funny (close at 3 most days) but they are super nice and helpful.

MamaNotes 04-16-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACapitan (Post 10029167)
There is a place called "Sweet Camo Babytique" on Arctic across from McDolands. It is upstairs from Arctic Playground. They have a bunch of diapers and supplies. The hours are a little funny (close at 3 most days) but they are super nice and helpful.

I was going to suggest this place too. I've only been there once but try to support small business if you can!

ariandsofiesmom 04-18-2010 11:22 PM

Belly Baby and Beyond...In Eagle River. I have not been in there in a while...but it is a pretty nice store.

jnicole 04-21-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACapitan (Post 10029167)

I just bought a bunch of fluff there today :blush: Don't tell dh :giggle2:

I bought more bg snap aio's, flips for my upcoming move, and a purple dream-eze (so excited for a purple diaper). The owner is super nice and there is a very good selection. There are also toys to keep a toddler content up there while you shop :goodvibes:

Auravik 05-03-2010 02:58 PM

Thanks! I've been to Arctic Playgrounds, but didn't realize there was a shop upstairs. Will go soon. :)

BubBubsMom 05-29-2012 12:45 PM

Arctic baby bottoms out in Wasilla. Jessica there is super nice and I love her her shop. I believe they are open 11-5 Monday thru friday for the summer

BubBubsMom 05-29-2012 04:19 PM

Haha just saw dates on here