Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The beauty tool every mother needs! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=967076)

Computermama 04-14-2010 11:16 AM

The beauty tool every mother needs!

My mother's overspending I've talked about before, but it does come in handy. This past christmas, she put into both my sister and my stockings a pair of tweezers with a little LED flashlight between the arms. I kinda shrugged and stuck it in my medicine chest.

Until today when DD had a raisin stuck so far up her nose I couldn't see it. I was trying to rack my brains to think of what I could use to see it and get it out when I remembered the tweezers - worked like a charm.

However, I don't think that's what my mother had in mind when she bought them for me.....:giggle:

konayossie 04-14-2010 12:09 PM

Re: The beauty tool every mother needs!

Ha--I have seen those. May have to get a pair to have on hand for my own raisin emergencies.

Fairycat 04-14-2010 03:06 PM

They probably would be great for splinters too I would guess. Probably more common then raisin emergencys :giggle:

THBVsMama 04-14-2010 05:10 PM

:giggle: at the new purpose of your tweezers. I may have to invest in a pair as last year DS stuck not one, but two, raisins up his nose. Thankfully he's good at blowing his nose and was able to blow them both out.

Domino Pads 04-14-2010 05:25 PM

LOL. Glad it came in handy after all. :)

GEM Cloth 04-14-2010 08:08 PM

Hooray for mom and her strange beauty tools!! (Was she trying to hint that you need to groom your brows? :giggle:)

Computermama 04-14-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEM Cloth (Post 10024333)
Hooray for mom and her strange beauty tools!! (Was she trying to hint that you need to groom your brows? :giggle:)

Mom just likes gadgets. That and I'm blind as a bat without my glasses and it's hard to pluck with them on, so I think she figured it would help.

Computermama 04-14-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THBVsMama (Post 10023132)
:giggle: at the new purpose of your tweezers. I may have to invest in a pair as last year DS stuck not one, but two, raisins up his nose. Thankfully he's good at blowing his nose and was able to blow them both out.

Oh, it was nearly 2 raisins - She was trying to get the second one in the other nostril when I caught her, and then she was trying to blow the other one out. Felt her nose and figured out that there was one in the other nostril, but I couldn't see it. She'd done it before too, but the first time I could easily see and grab it with my fingernails.

tmy237 04-15-2010 11:40 AM

You should write a customer testimonial for the product, lol! I might have to invest in one of those .. I caught DD trying to put things in her baby brother's ear :eek:

aecryan 04-15-2010 11:47 AM

:highfive: :giggle2: