Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help boys penis question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=967664)

MiaAnjuli 04-15-2010 08:55 AM

Help boys penis question

Yesterday my son had a tiny sore or raw part that was on the head of his penis. It was very small a little bigger than a pin prick. Today it's bigger and now kind of spreading to the opening where the urin comes out. What do I do? Do I put something on it? Just try to keep it dry? It doesn't bother him too much, or alteast I can't tell if it is because he is getting his molars so it's hard to tell which one is bothering him.

looking8186 04-15-2010 08:58 AM

Re: Help boys penis question

I would put some good quality diaper cream on it after giving him a bath and letting him run around nekid :giggle: for a while. That way it gets clean, dries out a bit, and then is covered in good soothing stuff :thumbsup: And hey, what little one doesn't love to be naked!! Also, if it gets a LOT worse I would take him to the pedi just to get it checked out. :hugs:

MiaAnjuli 04-15-2010 09:06 AM

Thanks I think I will do that

j+csmama 04-15-2010 12:01 PM

My DS has a mastocytoma on his penis and sometimes he gets raw parts on the head. (not trying to scare you, it's totally benign and likely NOT what your DS has...) But we keep it good and coated in vaseline to reduce the friction and let him go nudie often to keep the heat off until the raw part heals. Good luck, I know it's scary when our babies have owies and we can't figure it out...

mommyof2munchkins 04-15-2010 12:10 PM

My 3 y/o DS gets infections under his foreskin. He is circumcised but I think he had a botched job :( I'd put some triple antibiotic ointment on it and let him be nude to air it out.

rosefall 04-15-2010 12:13 PM

Have you figured out what's causing it so you can prevent it from getting worse?

MiaAnjuli 04-15-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j+csmama (Post 10028636)
My DS has a mastocytoma on his penis and sometimes he gets raw parts on the head. (not trying to scare you, it's totally benign and likely NOT what your DS has...) But we keep it good and coated in vaseline to reduce the friction and let him go nudie often to keep the heat off until the raw part heals. Good luck, I know it's scary when our babies have owies and we can't figure it out...

Thanks I will try to let him run naked as much as I can :)

MiaAnjuli 04-15-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof2munchkins (Post 10028711)
My 3 y/o DS gets infections under his foreskin. He is circumcised but I think he had a botched job :( I'd put some triple antibiotic ointment on it and let him be nude to air it out.

Oh no that's not good. I dont think it has anthing to do with his circumcisiong because it's on the tip of his penis. But I will be putting stuff on it anyways. Thanks

MiaAnjuli 04-15-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosefall (Post 10028726)
Have you figured out what's causing it so you can prevent it from getting worse?

No I don't I didn't notice it until after I came back from my dentist appointment yesterday. It kind of looked like he scrated himself, but then this morning it looked like it got bigger.

MiaAnjuli 04-15-2010 12:42 PM

Ugg I wasn't thinking about it. Could the claw from the snappi go through the diaper? I don't remember using one yesterday though. I'm taking him in because it looks like it's getting bigger. I would just rather be save than sorry when it comes to my guys manhood :) I wasn't going to but then after talking to my husband on the phone he thinks that's what I should do. Urgent care here we come.