Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Any one use a urinal potty for their DS? UPDATE 1st post (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97760)

my2babyboys 02-10-2007 06:53 PM

Any one use a urinal potty for their DS? UPDATE 1st post

Does it work well in potty training. I am wondering if its a good investment or if I would just be waisting my money

These are the three I have been looking at

http://www.visionaireproducts.com/
update

ok so I went and bought one for DS at Burlington ( $39.99 ) We went home and he didnt even want me to wait to put the urinal together.
Finally when I put it up and filled the tank with water, he pulled his pants down and went in it like he was a pro. I was surprised considering he never peed standing up and has only watched daddy a few times. I only wish I knew about this potty and bought it a few months earlier.
I highly recommend getting it if you have a little guy :thumbsup:

pottymomma 02-10-2007 07:01 PM

Re: Any one use a urinal potty for their DS?

We used a peter potty and really liked it. Great for before he could reach the big potty!

grace134 02-10-2007 07:19 PM

I've seen a Peter Potty in stores, and have been wondering about it myself.

TeneikM 02-10-2007 08:28 PM

:popcorn: We will be needed something before we know it, and DH will more than likely be out to sea when it's time. Maybe this would help!

mrsbehaven007 02-10-2007 09:13 PM

I dont think it could hurt anything.. I just dont buy stuff that I dont have to have.. ( ok.. to often..lol ) My dh might need one.. seriously.. is their a man alive that can aim .. at all?? :banghead:

rainbowbrite812 02-10-2007 11:45 PM

i planned on getting one when charlie was pt'ing but he's pretty fond of sitting so i never did. but now that i know ds3 will be a boy i'm gonna invest in a peter potty as soon as max starts training, i'm guessing this summer sometime. charlie will stand on a stool and pee every now and then, but he's mainly a sitter since standing on the stool makes him a bit too tall, but he's definately mastered the aim, i'm pretty impressed.

i do love the idea of the training urinal though, charlie loves them when dh takes him out :)

I'll add an sorta-update too, since this post i've been re-interested in getting the peter and now that they have the paypal $15 rebate going on i ordered 1 from cottonbabies when i picked up some clearance inserts & doublers, i'll add more once we get it and have it up and running!

just got this in the mail today...charlie LOVES it, and so do I!! it's fantastic, i sooo should've gotten one when i first saw this when charlie was pt'ing, but with 2 more boys to pt, i'm thinking that this will come to great use sooner or later :)!

Leininger27 02-11-2007 12:06 PM

We have the peter potty and ds potty trained on that when he was 19 months old. I thought it was a great investment and will use it again with ds3

my2babyboys 02-11-2007 03:43 PM

Thanks ladies, Im just waiting on our tax return and I am going to buy DS ( well Im pretty sure both will use it since the youngest is 2 now ) and I am also going to buy him an anatomically correct potty training doll.

my2babyboys 02-11-2007 03:44 PM

I also wanted to ask if all you ladies bought them online or if there are stores that sell them, I havent found any yet....

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 02-11-2007 04:51 PM

:popcorn: