Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2nd timer "newbie" needs advice (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=980292)

camillesmom 05-04-2010 05:04 PM

2nd timer "newbie" needs advice

So I CD'ed my daughter until she was way too challenging, and started eventually PL'ing. I tried just about everything, and eventually decided that snapping pockets were the way to go with my heavy wetter/chunky monkey.

Now, with my 7 month old son, I feel like a newbie again. There's so much new stuff on the market, and I have no idea what it's all about. I bought him an NB stash of fitteds and covers, used those until he outgrew them, and then life got too difficult for extra laundry. I'm now ready to take on the laundry, and looking for suggestions. He is about 18lbs and skinny! He doesn't seem to be nearly the wetter my daughter was, and obviously b/c he's a boy, the moisture is concentrated at the front. Altogether, I consider myself starting completely from scratch again.

What do I want?
- A system that is easy, preferably with a disposable insert option for the dipe bag
- Doesn't have to be cheap, but not too $$- moderately priced
-Wicks moisture so baby doesn't get dipe rash
-Snaps (I hate aplix)

Lmk if I am being clear about my expectations... BTW, I just tried the FLIP system and hated it. It's basically glorified pfs/covers and really bulky and annoying to use. The inserts took FOREVER to dry, and the covers didn't fit DS well at all.

Please spam me with anything you LOVE, mamas! TIA!

piasereyn 05-04-2010 05:51 PM

Re: 2nd timer "newbie" needs advice

I'm a big time PF and flat from newborn to PL with covers. I really like adding a fleece liner in there to wick moisture away from baby's bum.

I really like PF and flats because I feel like I can get a more customized fit for my baby and they're actually nice and trim. I think it's a fairly easy system for me, but I also don't mind the folding that goes into to it either.

camillesmom 05-04-2010 10:32 PM

bumping- active forum!

m&m&m 05-04-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camillesmom (Post 10173202)

What do I want?
- A system that is easy, preferably with a disposable insert option for the dipe bag
- Doesn't have to be cheap, but not too $$- moderately priced
-Wicks moisture so baby doesn't get dipe rash
-Snaps (I hate aplix)

Lmk if I am being clear about my expectations... BTW, I just tried the FLIP system and hated it. It's basically glorified pfs/covers and really bulky and annoying to use. The inserts took FOREVER to dry, and the covers didn't fit DS well at all.

Please spam me with anything you LOVE, mamas! TIA!

SoftBums in snaps might fit that (with a dry-touch insert). As far as the disposable option, you could probably use the Flip disposable inserts (I plan on doing that myself this weekend camping so I will let you know how that worked out). You can reuse the covers between washes so long as baby didn't soil it so per diaper change the price isn't bad -and they are a true one size IMO.

camillesmom 05-05-2010 12:16 PM

bump

aLittleBouncingSoul 05-05-2010 12:37 PM

How about the Flip system? You could use stay dry and sposie inserts with them :thumbsup:

camillesmom 05-06-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aLittleBouncingSoul (Post 10179684)
How about the Flip system? You could use stay dry and sposie inserts with them :thumbsup:

Didn't like them at all.

camillesmom 05-06-2010 11:50 AM

Thinking about just getting a stash of size M BG AIOS. Anyone have any for sale? ;)

camillesmom 05-07-2010 11:24 AM

bump