Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Weaning Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=178)
-   -   When did your baby self wean? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=982329)

sUpermOm81 05-07-2010 03:36 PM

When did your baby self wean?

DS is 2 years and 2 months and has showed *no* signs of self weaning. He still wakes up at least 2 times to nurse at night, and has to nurse to sleep. I am in no rush, but I think dh is :giggle:
When did your nursling self wean?

Sherrie87 05-07-2010 03:53 PM

Re: When did your baby self wean?

i would like to know too...LOL

Hey i no you..lol Kole, 20mths, no where near ready...i'm not ready ither..lol and daddy can kiss my butt...HAHAAAA

Greenbabybottoms 05-07-2010 06:57 PM

Well I'm still waiting on my 3 1/2 year old to self wean if that tells you anything. Most kids wean between 2-7 years which is such a big range. I will say though my husband was kind of uptight about it right around 2 years old and asked me "how long I was going to do that". But by 2 1/2 or so he stopped asking and now he doesn't even comment on it anymore. Sometimes I think he wishes I'd just end it but overall he's fine with it. I just tell you that because you're husband will probably come around. I think it's a bit "unusua" to them at first especially if he's never been around other extended breastfeeders but after a while they normally get used to it.

moonlightblonde 05-07-2010 08:45 PM

DD was/is around 22 months and I am SO not ready for it.

Most mornings she asks for some..sucks for maybe 3 seconds, says yummy mommy milk (or mmmmmm good) and stops.

I wanted to make it at LEAST until 2 I just cannot see it lasting til July.

sUpermOm81 05-07-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherrie87 (Post 10199203)
i would like to know too...LOL

Hey i no you..lol Kole, 20mths, no where near ready...i'm not ready ither..lol and daddy can kiss my butt...HAHAAAA

I miss you!!!!!! :hugs:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenbabybottoms (Post 10200240)
Well I'm still waiting on my 3 1/2 year old to self wean if that tells you anything. Most kids wean between 2-7 years which is such a big range. I will say though my husband was kind of uptight about it right around 2 years old and asked me "how long I was going to do that". But by 2 1/2 or so he stopped asking and now he doesn't even comment on it anymore. Sometimes I think he wishes I'd just end it but overall he's fine with it. I just tell you that because you're husband will probably come around. I think it's a bit "unusua" to them at first especially if he's never been around other extended breastfeeders but after a while they normally get used to it.

That makes me feel better. I think DH is thinking I am crazy, not to be bf'ing this long, but more like he wants me to be able to sleep all night, or go out with the girls without having to come home to a crying LO asking for "nummies" :giggle2:
You are so awesome for making it to 3 1/2 years :D Congrats mama!
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonlightblonde (Post 10201000)
DD was/is around 22 months and I am SO not ready for it.

Most mornings she asks for some..sucks for maybe 3 seconds, says yummy mommy milk (or mmmmmm good) and stops.

I wanted to make it at LEAST until 2 I just cannot see it lasting til July.

:( I'm sorry mama! For the record, ds nurses more now than he did at 20 months!

JennS 05-08-2010 01:13 AM

DS was just over 2 1/2; when I was 14weeks pregnant & my milk dried up, he continued to nurse until 21weeks. He pretty much self weaned but it was appreciated by me because it was incredibly painful from 14weeks. :goodvibes:

CEVmommy 05-08-2010 06:48 AM

My oldest will be 4 this month and is back to nursing about once a day. She was at once a week for like 6 months while I was pregnant and then bounced back once my youngest was born. She still sometimes goes several days in between nursing and can handle spending the night at grandma's house once a month with no problem.

There was a time when my husband thought it was kinda weird to still be nursing and maybe wasn't 100% supportive. But now he is 100% on board!

momof3girls 05-21-2010 02:01 PM

my daughter is 32 months old right now and still nurses. it's usually once every 2-3 days but on occasion she'll ask 2 days in a row. i only let her nurse in the morning or at night and she sometimes still asks during the day even though i don't let her. i'm not totally withholding, but i'm encouraging her to self-wean. i have no idea how much longer she's going to nurse, but i'll probably wean her at 3 if she hasn't self-weaned by then.

jnno 05-22-2010 10:00 AM

DD was 18 months old. I was TOTALLY not expecting it, and wish she would've continued.

I'm hoping I have at least a few years left with DS.

Leslieann 05-22-2010 03:58 PM

My ds will be 5 next month and he only asks to nurse at night maybe every couple days lately and even then it is only a few minutes. When he was 2-3 he constantly wanted to nurse!