Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Going from 2 to 3 kids? Or more...how was the transition? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98277)

AmyEm 02-11-2007 09:17 PM

Going from 2 to 3 kids? Or more...how was the transition?

So, we have two kids. DH and I both want at least one more, possibly two but I really can't see us having anymore than 4 kids total.

Anyway, DH recently admitted to me that he thinks we should start TTC #3 this summer. I ABSOLUTELY want at least one more child...but when he started talking about it I felt a little...scared!! I never felt any apprehension whatsoever about going from one child to two. But I am just a tiny bit nervous this time.

How was your transition to having more than two? I really didn't feel stressed at all by going from one to two kids---especially during my youngest child's first year...honestly it is probably just NOW getting a bit more difficult b/c she is getting more independent and really mobile, etc.

I thought the hardest time would be with a 2 yr old and a newborn...and it wasn't bad at all! I really enjoyed it. My son was AWESOME with his baby sister.

So how much harder is it to have 3+kids?? Tell me all the gory details please!! :smiley_haha:

TandEMommy 02-11-2007 11:29 PM

Re: Going from 2 to 3 kids? Or more...how was the transition?

:popcorn: I could have written that exact same post! Looking forward to what people have to say...

OnlyaMommy 02-11-2007 11:32 PM

No gory details here mama. I have three boys, and the hardest for me was going from 1 to 2. 2 to three was just like clock work. LOL

dirtdartwife 02-11-2007 11:32 PM

absolutely no problem. I found the transition super easy because I was already used to multi-tasking with a newborn and an older child. Now you'll have two older helpers and the oldest will step up to the plate more than you expected. I know for us, though, our oldest one had no real choice to step up the plate. There came a time when mom couldn't do EVERYthing so she had to do a few things herself.

Anyway... I found it super easy. I found it harder going from one to two, but going from two to three... no problem. :mrgreen:

OnlyaMommy 02-11-2007 11:33 PM

No gory details here mama. I have three boys, and the hardest for me was going from 1 to 2. 2 to three was just like clock work. LOL

OnlyaMommy 02-11-2007 11:34 PM

:headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

Either I'm having a split personality moment or something is odd!

AmyEm 02-11-2007 11:42 PM

LOL...was there a duplicate post there or what??? :)

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it! I am both excited and a little nervous at the thought of 3 kids.

I think the reason why I am nervous is b/c I had such an easy transition from 1 to 2.......am I doomed with 2 to 3??? LOL

Hitchkids 02-12-2007 07:55 AM

Honestly, my hardest transition was 1 to 2. That was probably due to PPD. Aside from that, the next hardest was going from 5 to 6. 2 to 3 was easy. 4 to 5 was the easiest transition I ever had. I think most people will say looking back the going from 1 to 2 is the hardest. My SIL had her second 15 months ago and is still talking about how hard it is to have 2 so I think for most people, that really is the hardest adjustment. If you can handle 2, chance are 3 will be easy.

mamato5angels 02-12-2007 08:10 AM

I think 1-2 is the hardest. After 2 it is just like adding a little more of everything you already do. I think if you have 1 your world kind of revolves around that one and when #2 comes along you have to learn how to split your time. But anything above 2 you already know how to multi-task.

Psychomom 02-12-2007 10:18 AM

I have 4 kids, and definitely for me going from 1-2 was the hardest! And my oldest was 5 years old, at that! I can't imagine what it would have been like if she were a toddler.

The only hard thing I can remember when #3 came along was that #2 was just under 2.5 years old and she would choose to get into trouble right when I would sit down to nurse the baby and I couldn't do anything about it. I would tell her to come to me and she would say, "No!" and run away!

Adding #4 was a piece of cake, even though my other baby was only 19 months old. He was the easiest transition of all.