Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   .. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=983836)

mamaktee 05-10-2010 12:50 PM

melodyjstray 05-10-2010 12:59 PM

Re: S/O When did you switch your LO(s) from crib to toddler bed?

We knew it was time because we were expecting a new baby, and I was too cheap to buy another crib!!:) My dd was right around 17-18 months old, I think... Her sister was going to be born right after she turned 2, and I wanted plenty of time for her to adjust to it, so she didn't feel like the baby was taking "her" bed. We didn't have any problems at all with it... Once or twice, she got out of bed when she was supposed to be napping, but other than that, she dud just fine. Good luck, mama!

GEMQEMCABOOSE 05-10-2010 01:04 PM

We moved DS1 to a bed at 31 months. DS2 is 27 months and not ready for the move yet. We don't move ours until they can understand and comply with the instruction that they are to stay in their bed. Good luck.

jessesgirl 05-10-2010 01:11 PM

13 or 14 months. :goodvibes:

keen1981 05-10-2010 01:16 PM

Toddler beds are a waste. They went straight into a twin. DS#1 was too short at 16months so his mattress was on the floor until he could get in/out on his own.

DS#1 @16months
DS#2 @18months

We were ready. I don't know that a child is ready, its more the parents being ready to take on the extra work. With DS#1, it was a process. DS#2? He goes to bed easy peasy every night :)

MaxCapacity 05-10-2010 01:16 PM

We kept ds1 in his crib until he turned 2. Well, he was GOING to turn 2 in January & he got his toddler bed at Christmas & couldn't wait to use it, so we switched him then. DS2 didn't get switched until he was about 2yrs 3mos & the only reason we took him out then was because he started climbing out, even in his sleep sack. DD is 18 mos & still in a crib. We don't plan on taking her out anytime soon. I feel that the longer they are in a crib, the safer they are, so... I'd keep her in there until she was 3 or 4 as long as she wasn't climbing out! We keep sleepsacks on as long as possible too in order to prolong the use of the crib.

ETA: We loved, loved, loved our toddler beds. Our kids fall out of twins forEVER so the toddler bed was an ideal "in-between bed" for us.

lanwenyi 05-10-2010 01:30 PM

DD went to a mattress on the floor at 13 mths b/c she HATED the crib and would scream non-stop if we put her in it. We put her mattress on the floor, she laid down, and went right to sleep. At 15 mths, once she could climb in and out of the bed, we put her mattress on a toddler bed. We thought about going straight to a twin, but she seemed swallowed whole in it, so the $30 for a toddler bed was $ well-spent for us.

DS moved to a mattress on the floor when one of his crib sides broke at 8.5 mths. He loves it, so we won't move him back into a crib. He'll get the toddler bed as soon as he can climb into it and we'll buy DD a twin at that time. We expect that to happen around 11-13 mths.

Jeannial05 05-10-2010 01:44 PM

DS is 11 months and sleeps on a matteress on the floor. His crib was one of the ones recalled and since he is the last baby for us I didn't want to spend any money on a crib! He is doing great - he got up the first couple nights but now just sleeps through. However, we do find him near DDs bed in the morning (they share a room and she has a twin bed) He will use the toddler bed once he is big enough to get in and out.

BNC 05-10-2010 02:27 PM

Kate switched at 15 months, b/c she was climbing out of her crib. I will probably switch kara around the same age.

doodle19 05-10-2010 02:44 PM

My shorty is nowhere near climbing out of her crib...she's coming up on 28 months and still in a crib. We plan on switching her when we move this summer.