Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Does amber teething jewelry really work? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985756)

ashlee_shae 05-12-2010 03:55 AM

Does amber teething jewelry really work?

Please tell me about your experience with amber teething jewelry. I'm thinking of buying some for younger dd. Where to buy? Best price?

nakedbabytoes 05-12-2010 08:18 AM

Re: Does amber teething jewelry really work?

I think they do. Our youngest has worn one since he was 6 months old and he's never done more than drool when teething. No meds. No fussy. No nothing. Same with ear infections & the like. He was always a champ.
I wear mine if I get sick and I think it helps me get better faster. And their pretty!

I got ours at Amberizon.com. They take a while to get to you because they are actually in Lithuania(a Baltic state by Russia). They cost about $25 with shipping, so the price was nice too.

Sleep deprived 05-12-2010 08:39 AM

I didn't really think so. It was pretty cute though.

Fleece Be With You 05-12-2010 08:44 AM

My DS has had one his entire time teething. At first I had a polished bead necklace, and he had a HORRIBLE time cutting his first tooth. Then I got a raw nugget necklace from Baltic Creations (that's her username on here and on HyenaCart). Night and day difference! His second tooth came with barely any fuss, just a mild fever.

FallBabies 05-12-2010 08:50 AM

I didn't find it to work at all. Personally, I think the teething experience just depends on the individual; my twins had no issues teething, but my youngest gets really bothered (he's the one I got the necklace for; it made no difference.)

That being said, I love the way they look, so to me it was worth buying for a cool looking boy necklace. Unfortunately, he hates having it on (he doesn't like socks, hats, etc. either, though.)

I say if you like the look, its worth getting. Maybe it'll help, but if it doesn't, it still looks good!

newbiemama 05-12-2010 08:53 AM

i think it did! not dramatically like in some cases, but i think it defineatly soothes DD, especially when she's been wearing it for a couple hours. plus she likes to chew on it. i bought my from ebay for like...$10.

aLittleBouncingSoul 05-12-2010 08:55 AM

I think they work, but it does depend on the LO. And I also love the way they look - for baby and mama :giggle:

I think it's worth a try, and you can get free shipping on Inspired by Finn necklaces/bracelets from Mom's Milk Boutique. That makes them $15.50-$18.50 depending on the size and beads you choose :goodvibes:

sh0rtchica 05-12-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallBabies (Post 10231952)
I didn't find it to work at all. Personally, I think the teething experience just depends on the individual; my twins had no issues teething, but my youngest gets really bothered (he's the one I got the necklace for; it made no difference.)

That being said, I love the way they look, so to me it was worth buying for a cool looking boy necklace. Unfortunately, he hates having it on (he doesn't like socks, hats, etc. either, though.)

I say if you like the look, its worth getting. Maybe it'll help, but if it doesn't, it still looks good!

:yeahthat:

i can't say for certain if the necklace works, i'm not willing to take it off to test it out! but we have some pretty horrific teething episodes, while i have friends whose kids (sans amber) barely make a whimper. :dunno: i love how it looks on DS, so it was worth it to me.

Baltic Creations 05-12-2010 09:29 AM

they do work wonders! I have been making them for a while now and the stories I get and feedback are amazing. I can say some children do teethe harder and do need maximum strength relief which is raw amber but I have definitely seen them work like magic! My lil guy has his top teeth popping in now and no sign of pain! My older 2 oh man it was miserable because we didn't know about amber then. Now I swear by it!

ashlee_shae 05-12-2010 11:02 AM

Can I get an anklet, or does it need to be a necklace? I'm worried about anything around her neck. Also, do these break easily? I'm also afraid DD will break it.