Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What do you do with your free time? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9867)

Kindermama 05-29-2006 08:52 PM

What do you do with your free time?

if you get any that is! I do and this is a recent change....but I don't know what to do with the time. Everything I've ever done in my "free" time revolved around my kids and/or family.

WHAT CAN I DO JUST FOR ME! I wish I could join a softball league but I'm preggo..so that's out! Whenever I read, it's homeschooling or parenting books. I don't like exercising...I feel too huge right now! I need ideas!

2sweetboys 05-29-2006 09:01 PM

Re: What do you do with your free time?

I get my hair done or go get a manicure/pedicure. Try going for a walk....fresh air is great!

jaseyandmallorysmommy 05-30-2006 02:29 AM

What is this thing you are referrring to... free time?

4kidzmom 05-30-2006 08:38 AM

Ok, this has been hard for me. I sit there and thing "I could do ___, ___, or blank." Then I get so thinking about what I could do that the time just gets away from me. I have been trying to pritorize my free time list, which is helping me a lot.

momof4 05-30-2006 09:49 AM

Think about what you like. If you're not up to playing softball, would it make you feel good to go watch some games of it? My (limited) experience is that it is best to make a plan for something away from the house, so that it feels special to you, and is less easy to waste, even if you take one of the books you're reading and go to some beautiful place with it, or take a walk. If no enthusiasms are coming to your mind, see if you can find a friend who has some free time, too --their excitement could be contagious. Good luck, and enjoy it for me ... free time, what a concept!

penny13 05-30-2006 10:47 AM

I try to go out on the torch and make some glass beads as much as I can for my business....but I usually do not have that much free time to myself...

MommyMommyMommy 05-30-2006 10:53 AM

If I ever had any free time, I'd love to go wander the public library like I used to before I had kids. I could spend hours in there just wandering and seeing what was out there (books, movies, dvds, magazines, etc...)

MamaZ 05-30-2006 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaseyandmallorysmommy
What is this thing you are referrring to... free time?

:giggle: It's some sort of time frame where you are not serving the little tyrants called children and the significant other. :headscratch: I don't ever remember what it was like though :lostit:

CMamma 05-30-2006 11:32 AM

Free time? :headscratch:

foofoomomma 05-30-2006 11:41 AM

this.... :lostit: