Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Double Stroller? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=986891)

~Cricket~ 05-14-2010 02:16 PM

Double Stroller?

Hey ladies! I need a bit of help here. My fifth baby is due in September, when my youngest will be 13 months. I think I'm going to need a double stroller this time. What would you recommend? I'm thinking about the Graco Quattro Duo. Anyone got that one? Have another that you love? I am NOT going to spend piles of money on this, but I'd like to have something that's good quality and durable. I'd appreciate any help you can give. Thanks!

kebree 05-14-2010 02:28 PM

Re: Double Stroller?

my boys are 12mths apart and I love my combi twin stroller, it is as light as the maclaren twin folds up almost as small and is cheaper. I got a great deal with coupons and promotions at babies-r-us. I would definitely get a side by side, I found the front back ones more difficult to fold, get in and out of the car and harder to manuever in small stores.

CherryPie 05-14-2010 05:04 PM

I have 3 doubles:

~a Graco tandem
~a Jeep lightweight
~a Schwinn jogger

I like them all :)

Len27 05-14-2010 05:09 PM

Babe #2 isn't here yet, but we just bought the Burley Honey Bee bike carriage with the stroller attachment. It comes with an infant insert as well, which we will be buying asap- so far I am *really* liking it. DD loves it too. It's a nice option if you would also like to have a bike chariot- I really didn't want to spend the cash on a trailer and a double stroller, so this was a great middle of the road cost-wise option that gave us both in one. I don't know how easy it will be to get in and out of stores (I would probably not bring it to the mall for example) but we love it outdoors.

ChocolateMoose 05-14-2010 05:12 PM

Maclaren Twin...hands down!

No need to buy the fancy $400 one...we have it and if I could do it again I'd buy the basic one for $200 at Target (or online you can get last years model cheap!)

I found the front/back doubles too heavy and difficult to steer - try one out in the store, they're *huge*. The Maclaren can fit through doorways, is lightweight, has lots of storage, and steers well for holding up to 90lbs of kids!

:thumbsup:

tinidancr420 05-14-2010 05:18 PM

I have the Graco Quattro Duo and really it! Plus we got it for $100 at a garage sale which makes me like it all the more!

~Cricket~ 05-16-2010 12:14 PM

Well, that gives me a few more types to look at anyways. :) Thanks for the feed back ladies! I'm going to be looking second hand, so I'll keep a list handy of good ones to watch out for.

BubMunkeyBles 05-16-2010 04:39 PM

After lots of research we're buying the Combi side by side double this week. Plus there's a 20% off coupon in the paper for babys r us! :) Score! I don't like that the Graco seats both don't recline. It just looks like the front wouldn't work well for our 15 month old who definitely needs to recline still. Plus I like the bassinet feature so we can put the tiny baby into the stroller and not worry about him falling out. :)

*Hadassah* 05-17-2010 12:57 AM

I finally decided that since I'll have 4 under 4 1/2 this fall, I should probably break down and get a double stroller. :) After reading and watching lots of stroller reviews, I decided on a Combi side by side double stroller. The same day I was going to order it, I found an older model Combi up on Craigslist for $75 - yay!!. :)
I REALLY like it - very light and easy to maneuver. I'm petite, and pregnant, so I wanted something that wouldn't overwhelm me or be too heavy or bulky for me to lift in and out of the car. These videos convinced me: Graco Quattro vs. Combi Twin. I really like having both children (though I have actually squeezed in three..) close to me and able to interact with each other, so I preferred the side by side style for that reason, and the compactness and manageability. AND I would rather push around 20lbs of stroller rather than 40lbs. :D

If you buy new, Albeebaby.com has the best prices I found, for last year's designs of strollers. If you buy used, some silicone lubricant spray on the wheels is amazing for making them turn like butter again. :)
Oh, I just realized you're in Canada... so you'll have to skip on the Albeebaby suggestion.

JD's Momma 05-21-2010 12:03 AM

we have the graco quattro duo for our 2.5 year old and 3 month old.

i have a love hate relationship with it.

pros:
1. its nice and sturdy
2. my 2.5 likes getting in an out of the front seat on his own - makes my life easier
3. i like the fact that the backseat goes flat and accepts a carseat so if i want to put thebaby in the carseat or not it works both ways.

cons:
its so freaking heavy i think 40 pounds and its like driving a semi truck!!!

but i've been debating on whether or not to craigslist it and i've been going back and forth. still have it..so i guess its working for us.

i would get one used and try it out and if it doesnt work resell.