Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   do you let your teen girl wear a bikini in public? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=987042)

lovespepper 05-14-2010 07:16 PM

do you let your teen girl wear a bikini in public?

Specifically if the answer is no, why? tia!

MrsLiberty 05-14-2010 07:22 PM

Re: do you let your teen girl wear a bikini in public?

I can only answer hypothetically, as my oldest turns 7 this summer. LOL But anyhow, when she is a teen, I will let her wear a bikini in public. I did at that age, so I see nothing wrong with it for her either. Of course, it's got to be within reason. I wouldn't let her wear a thong or something like that. I don't see bikinis in and of themselves as indecent, though.

mich*mommy 05-14-2010 07:25 PM

My oldest dd will be 13 in June. Yes, i do, but no, NOT a string bikini, much to her chagrin. No because I don't think it's appropriate for her to wear skimpy, sexy bikinis. Regular 2 pieces are fine that provide more coverage.
JMHO but teenagers don't need to be sexy......

lovespepper 05-14-2010 08:25 PM

anyone else?

laur318 05-14-2010 08:44 PM

i would.
as long as she covers up when appropriate.

BabyLuvinMama 05-14-2010 08:52 PM

14 yr old GIRL in the house and Yes she wears bikinis... She Choses to be a Bit modest and wears Boycut bottoms and the Longer Tank-ini type Tops where its Fitted and cut to the breast with wires and all that jazz but extra fabric to cover the tummy....
I would NOT let her wear a String bikini, I would be terrified if her breasts Popped out during a Jump in the pool also NO Thong seriously there is just no point there unless your TRYING to show off your goods you can get a GREAT tan in a regular suit When she is Older 18+ that will be her choice but until then I say standard bikini is just fine.....

RobertsMomma3 05-14-2010 08:53 PM

I don't have any teens yet, but I would. As long as its a normal bikini, has to cover the butt, and most of the breasts. I would not allow string bikinis, thongs, etc.

britsuz90 05-14-2010 09:26 PM

Nope, nadda! I don't have a teen yet, however, I do not let my 8 yo DD wear sleeveless, tanks, bikinis, etc. I don't wear them and she won't be allowed as a teen.

I WAS allowed as a younger child, but it confused me as I got older when my parents became restrictive in my clothing options. I decided that my kids wouldn't have that confusion. So no tanks, sleeveless, muscle shirts, bikinis, or boys going around shirtless here. I have DD wear tankinis just for easy access to her g-tube.

nrsenadenos 05-14-2010 09:31 PM

Not an issue yet, since my oldest is only 4.5, but I would be ok with a modest bikini. And if the girls take after me at all, it might not be an option to not wear a two piece - I could never find one-pieces that fit my torso until I got older and put on more weight - if they were long enough they were too wide, if they fit around they were too short.

The3McCoys 05-14-2010 09:50 PM

Absolutely not. I believe that when teenagers wear just bikini tops or revealing clothing out in public they are asking for trouble. My daughter will be taugh to respect her body, and that wearing certain clothing in public just in not acceptable. If she wanted to wear it around the house, no problem. Shoot 70% of the time both kids are naked! We want them to be comfortable and accepting of who they are, and their bodies, but not to be modest. Make sense?

Of course she is only one so we have a LONG way to go!