Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I love her, but I don't like her right now! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=989054)

Celeste 05-18-2010 05:27 AM

I love her, but I don't like her right now!

Isn't that awful? DD #2 has been a MONSTER for the last 2 days. I think it all started when I left her in the church nursery for both Sunday School & the service, instead of wearing her for a while for her morning nap. It totally threw off her schedule & she's been tired & cranky & WHINY ever since. And she shreiking...my ears are so tired of hearing it! The last 2 nights, she's been up crying for 3 hours (I've been going in, settling her down, she falls asleep, & wakes right back up in 20 minutes - right as I am drifting off...). I slept for 4 hours last night. FOUR. DH has today off, but he is golfing all day. He's still sleeping now & will get up, go to breakfast with the guys & be back around dinner. I have a girls night planned tonight, but I will probably be too tired to drag myself out by then. :cry: Awesome.

Sorry to be such a downer.

chickenmonkeybaby 05-18-2010 05:35 AM

Re: I love her, but I don't like her right now!

Does she have some teething going on? Or maybe she is getting sick?

jennedwards79 05-18-2010 05:42 AM

Aww, sorry mama :hugs: We can all relate, we've all had those kinds of days with our children when we just don't like them much :) Try to rest when you can today, the house can always wait. It'll get better tomorrow ;)

Celeste 05-18-2010 05:43 AM

She is teething, but I've been giving her tylenol & she has the amber anklet & stuff to chew on...don't know what else to do but that. I don't think she's getting sick...she's eating like a horse & still pretty active...just a total grump.

annemarie72 05-18-2010 05:46 AM

Many hugs i know its so frustrating !!!! Hope you get rested and things calm down for you soon

JAG's baby mama 05-18-2010 06:44 AM

DS is pretty much the same age, teething his canines, and having a horrible time of it. We give him generic tylenol too, but yesterday he had several meltdowns before DH got home from work then had 2 more just for good measure. I didn't get to hold the baby (DD) all day because DS needed so much of my attention.

Sorry, but this is how it works. I wanted to wipe away his tears and pain so badly but I could do nothing to help him.

Hopefully, today is a better day for you.

Hang in there.:hugs::hugs:

*Alabamamom* 05-18-2010 08:32 AM

HI mama I am moving this to the parenting forum for you.