Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   .. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=989302)

mamaktee 05-18-2010 11:14 AM

SJwith2girls 05-18-2010 11:31 AM

Re: How long after...

Every baby is different. Some spend forever cruising and since they are so fast why slow down to concentrate on balancing so that you can walk on your own. Others don't cruise they just stand up and walk.

My first pulled to stand 4 days before 7 months and went right to cruising. At 9 months she could do 3-4 steps on her own and everyone said just another week and she will be walking. Well at 10 months she was still only doing 6 steps. It wasn't till 10.5 months that she just stood up and walked across the room.

My second dd was a little houdini. She was very mobile but it was all crawling and climbing. (And she could escape any strap.....stroller, shopping cart, carseat) She was later to stand around 8 months ish but she never really cruised. She didn't take her first steps until her 1st birthday and was fully walking the next day.

My third was my earliest to pull to stand. 6 months. I figured she would be my earliest walker. Nope she was my slowest. She would cruised but not let go. She walked 2 days after her first b-day.....not that that was a lot longer than number 2 but she pulled to stand 2 months earlier. It was also a couple of weeks after her first steps became full walking.

mamaktee 05-18-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJwith2girls (Post 10280777)
Every baby is different. Some spend forever cruising and since they are so fast why slow down to concentrate on balancing so that you can walk on your own. Others don't cruise they just stand up and walk.

My first pulled to stand 4 days before 7 months and went right to cruising. At 9 months she could do 3-4 steps on her own and everyone said just another week and she will be walking. Well at 10 months she was still only doing 6 steps. It wasn't till 10.5 months that she just stood up and walked across the room.

My second dd was a little houdini. She was very mobile but it was all crawling and climbing. (And she could escape any strap.....stroller, shopping cart, carseat) She was later to stand around 8 months ish but she never really cruised. She didn't take her first steps until her 1st birthday and was fully walking the next day.

My third was my earliest to pull to stand. 6 months. I figured she would be my earliest walker. Nope she was my slowest. She would cruised but not let go. She walked 2 days after her first b-day.....not that that was a lot longer than number 2 but she pulled to stand 2 months earlier. It was also a couple of weeks after her first steps became full walking.

Thanks for sharing! The bolded is also what everyone keeps telling me...but he just doesn't want to let go lol. He has started to use the sit/stand toy to get to different places around the room he wants to go...it is so cute :). So maybe he just wants to cruise a while :giggle:

newbiemama 05-18-2010 11:40 AM

Cate was crusing all over the house by about 9 months, and she didn't walk until a 2 weeks after her 1st bday. by about 11-12 months she had taken a few steps, but i wouldn't say she started WALKING until a couple weeks after she turned 1. now there's no turning back, she doesnt' crawl at ALL, she walks and stomps and pratically runs!

iris0110 05-18-2010 11:51 AM

Kearnan started pulling to stand at 6 months and was cruising by 9months but he didn't take his first steps until just after his first birthday. He was always a cautious child. Tharen was walking by 9.5 months. I don't remember when he started pulling up to stand but it wasn't long after. He also started climbing at about the same time. Tharen is anything but cautious. If he wants to do something he is going to do it and he isn't going to let lack of ability hold him back. He just barrels in to everything. He was running well before his first birthday. He fell, a lot, but he just got right back up. Kearnan, who waited longer, didn't fall nearly as often even in the beginning.

crunch!910 05-18-2010 11:56 AM

DS was pulling to a stand at 5 months old. Just this past Sunday he took his first step holding onto coffee table(8 months old). I don't expect him to walk probably until 11 months, maybe 10.

redneckmama 05-18-2010 01:16 PM

Both of the girls were standing and crusing my 8ish months but they didn't walk until 12 and 13 months respectivly.

tallanvor 05-18-2010 01:39 PM

All of my kids were crawling by 7 months, cruising by 8 months, and then walked on their own at 15, 17, and 12 months.

beesbaby2 05-18-2010 03:21 PM

Both of mine crawled at 6 months and started pulling up right after, around 6 1/2 months. DD1 walked everywhere by 9 1/2 months, DD2 walked by 10 1/2 months. So they "cruised" around for a good 3 months before actually walking by themselves.

lanwenyi 05-18-2010 03:38 PM

DD pulled to a stand at around 7.5 mths. She started cruising on the furniture at 8 mths. She could transfer from one piece of furniture to the next at 8.5 mths. She started using the push toy around 9 mths. She walked across the room at 10.5 mths. She gave up crawling (exclusively walking to get places) at 12.5 mths.

DS pulled to a stand at 4.5 mths. He started walking along the furniture at 5.5 mths. He transferred from one piece of furniture to another at 7 mths. He started using the push toy at 8.5 mths. He's 10 mths now and doesn't walk independently yet. He stands and "hovers" (has for 4 mths, but the time is getting longer), but as soon as he picks up his foot, he falls. Everyone has been telling me "He's going to walk any day now!" since he was 7 mths old. Hasn't happened yet. He'll walk when he's ready. :goodvibes: