Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   When you are a mommy, you will ... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=989728)

SophT 05-18-2010 07:59 PM

When you are a mommy, you will ...

I've had one of those days, and it has made me start thinking about the things you don't really think about when you sign on to be someone's mommy. I thought it would be fun to start a list.

I'll start.

When you are a mommy ... you will touch poop (many times, in fact.)

Anyone else want to play?

adavieau 05-18-2010 08:02 PM

Re: When you are a mommy, you will ...

Find yourself "catching" puke and spit up

start to sound like your mother

retract all of your "I'll never or my kids will never" statements

love more than you've ever loved before

Geckmumto3 05-18-2010 08:16 PM

Use your own shirt or your child's shirt to wipe a little nose in a pinch.
Not even flinch when touching poop, snoob, drool or vomit (ok, I still flinch a little on this one).
Get everything you didn't get before about "other people's kids" and "my kid will never..."

Hands&Fire Pottery 05-18-2010 08:55 PM

Climb through tunnels that are smaller than you, slide down slides of all shapes and sizes, and negotiate exchanges with other very assertive children when you take your child to the playground.

TwoDarlings 05-18-2010 09:13 PM

will understand your parents like never before

feel more joy then you could ever imagine from your kiddo smiling at you

want to rip your hair out/poke out your own eyeballs but also feel like you wouldn't trade it for anything

Mommyplunder 05-18-2010 09:15 PM

Know that your LO's really don't need name brand clothes and shoes knowing that they will either grow out of it or tear it up in record time.

Carry the diaper bag to the grocery store without the baby because you don't want to have to deal with transferring all of your stuff back to your purse and everything you need is already in the bag.

Walk into a room and tally up all of the unsafe baby zones like outlets without plugs, doors they can open, drawers the can get into, etc.

Hum or sing children's songs to yourself and your kids are no where near you. :roflmbo: I've gotten some funny looks because of this.

TofuScramble 05-18-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adavieau (Post 10285595)
Find yourself "catching" puke and spit up

Catch is right! I've done it with my bare hands on several occasions lol

Ilovecaseyandcoh 05-18-2010 09:22 PM

really enjoy taking a shower alone.

MamaWillow 05-18-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovecaseyandcoh (Post 10286331)
really enjoy taking a shower alone.

Amen!

Be the last to eat at any meal.

Feed your kids all of *your* food if they are actually willing to eat it.

Lie in bed having to pee so bad but not able to get up because it will wake the baby.

Sit on the couch for 2 hours with a sleeping baby in your lap unable to eat, pee, or drink anything but totally willing to be there because he is actually asleep!

On that note, do ANYTHING to get your kids to sleep. (or eat!)

SAHM2Seven 05-18-2010 09:32 PM

When your heart melts literally and you get butterflies in your stomach when your 3 yr old looks up at you and says
"I wuv du mama", thats the best feeling in the world, or when your baby has a poopy diaper, you change her in the back of your Suburban, reach in the diaper bag, only to realize that you are out of diapers but do have a diaper cover, and seriously think about taking your shirt off to use as a "prefold" in the babys diaper...LOL
(yes, this happened to me last weekend, yes, I had a tank top on underneath my shirt, and yes, I used it like a "prefold"....lol