Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Can someone loan me a shoulder to cry on? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=990987)

spottycat 05-20-2010 03:11 PM

Can someone loan me a shoulder to cry on?

I'm so sad right now :cry:
yds turned 1 last month so he is still so little. His hair is beautiful. Golden blonde and shiny, delicate and baby fine. It's getting thicker everyday. The front is a cute length but the back was getting really long. None of his hair fell out after he was born, it just started growing longer. He looked like he had a mullet, seriously. A lot of people joked about it. But I love his beautiful hair. Well, today I decided enough was enough. So... I trimmed the back. I took about an inch off. It was simple enough and it looks good, as in it's even and everything. But now my heart is breaking. I want his hair back. It's so ridiculous. I didn't cut it that short. Just a bit above his shirt collar. It looks really cute. So why am I crying right now?? :blush:
Has anyone else ever felt this way?

escapethevillage 05-20-2010 03:17 PM

Re: Can someone loan me a shoulder to cry on?

Not about a haircut. But, I was absolutely heartbroken when I moved my daughter's crib mattress to the lowest setting. You'd have thought I had to send her to boarding school.

So, I do understand sorta.

DaisyDiaper728 05-20-2010 03:19 PM

DD's hair is the same way, except dark curls. I'm glad she's a girl b/c I couldn't bear to cut it. :hugs:

tinidancr420 05-20-2010 03:23 PM

I didn't cute DS hair unril he was 18 months and had a FULL curly mullet. It made me sad too!!

eguisgirl 05-20-2010 03:26 PM

I understand. When DS#2 was 7 mo old, my DH decided it was time to shave off all of his curly black hair. I took pictures and cried for 2 days that no one would ever think my baby is cute again! LOL

With DS#3 he is 2 1/2 and has only had a couple of trims. I just can't bring myself to cut off the gorgeous curls!!!

jewelzbird 05-20-2010 03:28 PM

Uhg! I so get you! This is why my son has long hair. I can't do it!

Whimsy Twist 05-20-2010 03:29 PM

Yep... My DD1 is 39months old now, and has never had a hair cut, even though she DESPERATELY needs one! It's blonde, thin, long, and getting terrible split ends- which makes it tangle and get frizzy. She needs close to 2-3 inches cut off, and everytime we talk about cutting it, I start tearing up and have even full out cried over it. http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...a/_5123506.jpg It's just a mess, and 1/3 of the length isn't even showing in this picture- it almost reaches her bum!

And now, my DS's hair is getting funny too- he has red/blond curly/wavy hair. He was a preemie, and most of the hair in the back rubbed off from laying down so much- all except one patch, about an inch wide, that goes from behind his ear down to his neck. It's almost 3" long (like the front/top), but then the whole back of his head only has white fuzz. If you look at him from one side, he has a mullet, and from the other, it looks like a fade :giggle: But it's not bad enough to change... yet. I'm sure I will feel just the same when that time comes.

MaxCapacity 05-20-2010 03:42 PM

I cut my ds2's hair when he was about 2 1/2. It was curly & ADORABLE!!! I sobbed at the hair cutting place...they all thought I was nuts. He's now 4 1/2 & his curls are just FINALLY coming back! You can imagine I thought for 2 years that they were gone for good. I'm praising the Lord they're back!!! I swear, I'm never cutting them off again! I'll trim, but not cut! Just know I'm with ya, Mama! :hugs:

spottycat 05-20-2010 03:55 PM

Aww, thanks mamas :hugs: I'm still kinda sad but at least I know I'm not crazy :giggle: It was just an inch or so and it does look cute so I'll recover eventually.

You know I don't remember this being so hard with ods. Of course what little hair he did have when he was born all fell out and took a while to all grow back in. He was quite a bit older when I first cut his hair. That's probably the hardest part, yds is just a baby still. And he was a little preemie so he's small which makes him seem even more baby to me.

*sigh* At least I know it will grow back. And it really won't take that long. At least that's what I keep telling myself ;)

n3w2cl0th 05-20-2010 04:08 PM

I understand....my DH wouldnt let me cut either boys hair until their first birthday...well...2 days after he turned one we cut almost all of my ODS's hair off...he had a huge fro! I didnt cut my YDS's hair until just recently (he will be 2 in July) ...It BROKE MY HEART! He has super soft dark brown curls...and they were past his shoulders and going down his back...SOOOO cute...I finally cut his hair so it sprung up off his shoulders and his hair actually looked like a boys hair cut...omg..he looked like a girl who had her hair cut off!!! He is soo pretty ppl think he's a girl..even when he's in his BLUE Im a boy clothes! lol...I totally feel ya pain mama!