Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Printing off photos of your relatives children....a question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=991962)

jacquelinemarie82 05-21-2010 10:47 PM

Printing off photos of your relatives children....a question

Would this scenario come off as strange to you?

I went by to see a certain relative who wanted a mutual family friend of ours to meet my baby girl. So I stopped by my relative's place. She had quite a few photos of my daughter in her house...on the fridge, in her room (was in there to change the baby), and in her living room. She had far more photos of my baby girl than the several other children in the family. And my daughter is only 3 months.

The thing is is that we are not close. We are friendly but for years, we were just cordial. Now we are on more friendly terms but even then I would not say she was my friend. I gave her our birth announcement and a few photos but she had many more that I DID NOT GIVE HER....

Figured out that she is using someone else's password to sign on to Facebook and print off photos from my page! Does this seem odd to anyone else? If she wants photos, shouldn't she ask? Doesn't it seem wrong somehow to use someone else's account to print off photos that you did not ask for and then have them framed in the living room. She even had a photo of right after the birth with me holding the baby...that one was on the fridge.

I have it narrowed down to a few people that might have given her their password. I don't think that she was sneaking on to someone else's page by the way. She had her own account and deleted it a couple of years ago.

Would it surprise you to go to a relative's house and see photos of YOUR daughter that you did not give her framed around the house?

BTW, I am POSITIVE she got some of these photos from my FB page. No one else had these. I did not send them to anyone or post anywhere other than FB.

Weecycled Woolies 05-21-2010 10:52 PM

Re: Printing off photos of your relatives children....a question

Hmmm...I don't know if I would be upset or if it would make me feel good. I guess it depends on the relationship of the family member and I.

If it was my mother, father, grandmother (who I am not close with), aunts, uncles, etc. I would feel good that they wanted pics of my lo around.

If it was my IL family (who I despise and the feelings are mutual) I would totally feel weird and figure out who's account she is using and "unfriend" them, making sure the pics are private. I would make me feel weird and violated if it was any of DH's family (not mother though) lol.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 05-21-2010 10:52 PM

I think it is weird, imo if she wants pics, she should be getting them from you after asking for some.

laceymr 05-21-2010 10:53 PM

Weird.

amitchell98 05-21-2010 10:54 PM

I'd make sure your privacy settings are set to super private and maybe ask her to just ask you if she wants more pictures of your daughter.

I think it's weird. I would feel uncomfortable about it, if I were you.

laceymr 05-21-2010 10:54 PM

Did you ask her where she got the photos?
I would tell her that if she wants pictures to ask you.

mammaof3lovelys 05-21-2010 10:59 PM

i would find that odd. but i have to say that i have stolen pictures from someone elses myspace. but i had really good intentions if that helps. My xh has a child with someone else that lives in ARK (i'm in wash) that he never gets to see and our children don't get to see him. and i'm not allowed to even see a picture of him according to his mom. So xh lets me log into his myspace to get to her myspace and get pictures of him to show the LOs. But they are not framed all over my house. i'm just putting together a photo album that they can look at when ever they want. its their only link to him.

kittyn 05-21-2010 11:02 PM

Uh, creepy. I can see printing out a few here and there, but this sounds like overkill. You sure someone didnt print them out and give to her when she asked after the baby, maybe? I know I've done that a few times (my grandma is completely computer illiterate and near blind, and asked about my brothers baby so I printed her a couple photos she could them run under the magnifier she uses). In any case, I can see printing up a couple to add to the collection if she didn't have them, but I'd be nervous if my kid was plastering someones house.

iris0110 05-21-2010 11:06 PM

Yes I would find it odd. If it was Dh's or my parents or sibs it would be no big deal. I put the pics out there for them to see (just like SIL sends me her digital pics from b-days ect so I can print them if I want, all of our kids are in them). However if it was some one I was only vaguely close to it would be weird. My mom actually paid for me to go to a premier account on photobucket because she likes having access to the pics online, and of course I don't mind, she's my mom. She keeps them on her lap top in a rotating display which is fine. Even if she printed them out I wouldn't care. But if it were some one I wasn't close with it would be weird.

jacquelinemarie82 05-21-2010 11:06 PM

No, I did not ask her. But I am POSITIVE that I only put them on FB. And she is not on facebook...positive on that also.