Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Shopping cart cover (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=992042)

boy-oh-boy 05-22-2010 08:57 AM

Shopping cart cover

How long were you able to use yours? That is, about what age did you stop using it? My mom picked up an Infantino one and gave it to me, but I haven't taken it out of the box because I'm not sure I could actually get much use out of it. DS is 15mo. Covers also seem like such a hassle to bother with. Where does the kid sit while you're putting it in the seat, or do you do it one-handed? I like the toys for DS to play with, he always tries to twist around to see where we're going as it is. But I don't like a lot of hassle :giggle:

jessicalee 05-22-2010 09:00 AM

Re: Shopping cart cover

we have the slip over/elastic all around kind, I can do it one handed with dd on my hip, she's a little over three and still using it, I even use it at resturants, them highchairs are funky.

L&A'smommy 05-22-2010 09:30 AM

When my LO was younger I used it all of the time to prevent her from chewing on the :yuck: cart. As she got older I quit using it so much. I still use it if I know I am going to be in a store for a while or if my LO looks sleepy, if I think it is going to be a quick trip I wipe the cart with antibacterial wipes.

3Daisies 05-22-2010 02:48 PM

DD is 16 months and I still use my cart cover. I manage to put it on while holding DD with no problem.

photomikey 05-22-2010 08:45 PM

I refuse to use one. On my list of things I need, "one more thing to cart around and arrange each time I get out of the car" is not on it.

I have a hard time believing there is more gross stuff on a shopping cart than on a swingset at the park, or the grass, or anything at the mall, in a public restroom, in a restaurant, on the floor of my home, on the dog, on my fingers, or on anything else the kids touch/play on/go in/put in their mouth.

stringbean02 05-22-2010 08:53 PM

ds is 13 months and i still use mine, not because i think that the carts are gross but because they are TERRIBLY uncomfortable - its metal bars with a little piece of plastic, theres no way that could feel good, and DS gets marks from the cart when i dont use one. its not a lot of padding, but at least something is there. we have a floppy seat

boy-oh-boy 05-22-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photomikey (Post 10317795)
I refuse to use one. On my list of things I need, "one more thing to cart around and arrange each time I get out of the car" is not on it.

I have a hard time believing there is more gross stuff on a shopping cart than on a swingset at the park, or the grass, or anything at the mall, in a public restroom, in a restaurant, on the floor of my home, on the dog, on my fingers, or on anything else the kids touch/play on/go in/put in their mouth.

This is one of my blocks to taking the thing out of the box, even :) I've survived 3 kids without one, so it's hard to convince myself I 'need' this for this child!

raindrop_333 05-22-2010 09:15 PM

My son is 2 1/2 and we still use ours.