Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Standards for diapers on the FSOT boards (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=994833)

Mommy2Zara 05-26-2010 10:26 AM

Standards for diapers on the FSOT boards

~~Okay mama's, as sellers please use this listing as a guideline when listing/describing your items you are listing for sale please, Thanks!~~

After getting stinky/stained dipes that were listed in EUC, I have this question:
Why isn't there a standard? :headscratch: It could be stickied at the top of all the FSOT forums....something like:

New= New, as in never used, with tags, etc.
Like New= Maybe washed but not used or used once or twice but NO stains, NO smell, NO wear
EUC= Used but NO issues. May be some slight signs of wear
VGUC= Used. You can tell its been used. Slight to moderate wear showing, but still no real issues. Maybe some slight staining/pilling. Plenty of life left
GUC= Used. Some moderate-heavy wear showing. Might have stains/slight smell/loose threads/pilling/relaxed elastic...still some life left.
VUC= Well used. My have short life span left. Stains/smell issues. Elastic/snap/aplix issues...In other words, can still be used but needs some repair work.

I don't see why this wouldn't work. .. Basically you just list your items following these guidelines.

hilaryisinked 05-26-2010 10:29 AM

Re: Standards for diapers on the FSOT boards

That's a good idea. I never know which of those abbreviations to use so I just describe the condition but that's a good idea so there is no confusion between what's good used condition and what's just used condition.

flmamao2 05-26-2010 10:35 AM

I completely agree, not only guidelines for diapers but wool as well! I can say Im less than happy with some items purchased :(

amehrkens 05-26-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flmamao2 (Post 10344235)
I completely agree, not only guidelines for diapers but wool as well! I can say Im less than happy with some items purchased :(

I agree! I got some longies that had rust stains all over them.....not disclosed ahead of time!

hampyfew 05-26-2010 10:50 AM

Great idea for the board in general. One person's idea of EUC doesn't always match another's. Sorry you were disappointed.

Chrijodo 05-26-2010 10:55 AM

While I think it's a great idea.. wouldn't stains show up in pictures? And the momma who sold the diapers might not have realized they smelled? I've bought diapers before that were stinky but I don't think most DS mommas would sell someone diapers that are stinky with out disclosing it?

nurse&mom23 05-26-2010 11:03 AM

That would be fine if people are honest. I think that anyone who would pass off a stinky dipe as EUC is probably not so honest. And would still list as EUC even if there were official standards. I think that giving feedback is the most important part of FSOT. I think that you have to question anyone who does not post pics of inside and outside of dipes and you are buying at your own risk.

Mommy2Zara 05-26-2010 11:24 AM

See, that's why I think a standard guideline would be useful. That way if an item was misrepresented (based on that guideline) it would be more clear on if you should have an argument for return, refund/partial refund, neg./neutral feedback. Basically it would take some of the guesswork out of buying and selling.

In my case, there were pictures of both the inside and outside of the dipes in question...they just weren't very good pictures :( and did not show the staining, nor was it mentioned...

CuriousElephant 05-26-2010 11:25 AM

I have to say, after making my first used purchase (not here), I 100% understand how stinky items are missed. I purchased a lot of items from a nice, local woman. They looked fantastic, I got a steal, and they smelled reasonably well (I didn't want to get too involved in smelling them before I washed).

I got them home and washed them. Horribly musty. :yuck: I then washed them again. They were fine dry. (I made the mistake of not smelling them wet.) I just washed a few of them again and they are horrible and musty when wet. I know this isn't a washing issue on my end since none of my other diapering items smell musty.

For whatever reason, the stink is really coming out and I doubt the woman knew, nor did I (until I washed them!). I'm getting ready to do an intense treatment on them because I don't want them with this stench and I wouldn't pass the stench onto someone else.

That said, I think a "uniform" guideline for FSOT is smart, but sometimes stinky dipes/inserts/doublers/covers just go unnoticed! :yuck:

cemetree 05-26-2010 12:14 PM

i have generally had good luck but i did buy a few that had elastic issues that i could not tell in the picture and she did not tell me. i also bought a couple blueberries that were quite crunchy and the pul was yellowed neither were disclosed to me but after maybe 10 washes my water/washing softened them back up and finally for some reason the pul is going back to normal looking