Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone ever used a Dollar General test? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9968)

blessed3times 05-30-2006 08:26 AM

Anyone ever used a Dollar General test?

I am having symptoms of being pg and have had no AF, but I took a DG test this morning and it was negative. Anyone else ever used one of these? I was supposed to start Friday or Saturday.

Thanks!
Lori

blessed3times 05-30-2006 01:58 PM

Re: Anyone ever used a Dollar General test?

So, am I the only one that has ever when the cheapo way out? :mrgreen: It was called Baby Test...anyone????

Lori

Kimmomy2dom 05-30-2006 02:12 PM

LOL, I've used Dollar Tree, but not Dollar General. I just thought I'd come in and answer you, LOL. If you followed the directions correctly the test SHOULD be right. The only other thing is that it might have just been a bad test - those pop up every once in a while no matter the brand. The cheapo way shouldn't make it any less reliable. If you're really concerned it's wrong then go try a different kind, but the cheapo ones always did the trick for me! I would suggest (if you really feel your pregnant) to test again using either the same brand or a different brand - or wait a couple days and test again. Your hormone levels just may not be high enough to show up yet, too. If you want a different brand recommendation I would try either Equate (Wal-Mart) or just the Target brand ones - I got my second earliest BFPs with those. :)

Namaste 05-30-2006 02:16 PM

We have the 99 cent store here and that is all I used all the time. Mine measured 25 miu of hormone in urine. I would have gone broke otherwise!

:)

SugarBunsWool&More 05-30-2006 02:23 PM

I've used those and they were correct. Exhibit A of proof is DS
:giggle:

mrsjune 05-30-2006 02:34 PM

I have.. my dd is proff! :giggle:

mamas120 05-30-2006 07:51 PM

Dollar general tests work!! lol! I was skeptical when I first bought them but the clerk assured me she tested w/ them and got both positive w/ her dc. so I used it and was positive w/ dd 2 !

Abunchofus 06-02-2006 05:40 PM

any update? did you test again?

AmandaSue22 06-04-2006 09:05 AM

The dollar tree and dollar general tests are the exact same different box. It might be too early for your bfp! Good Luck!

blessed3times 06-04-2006 10:27 AM

:headscratch: I thought I posted an update somewhere. :blush: AF did come although she was a week late and I was pretty sure I was pg. So, now, I'm just waiting for her to leave!!! We're going to try again. This was just our first month ttc...so, we'll see.

Thanks!

Lori :hugs: