Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's for dinner this week? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=998636)

Stefibeth 06-01-2010 10:02 AM

What's for dinner this week?

I need ideas please and thank you!

isabelsmom 06-01-2010 10:20 AM

Re: What's for dinner this week?

I found a great recipe last week that went over so well we are having it again tonight. It's a crockpot one, which makes it even better in our house. :) You take 4-6 boneless,skinless chicken breasts and put them in the crockpot with some salsa (32 oz) and a can of corn, can of black beans & cook on low all day. Serve with sour cream/avacado/cheese, etc. We use both soft taco shells and tortilla chips. My whole (picky) family loved this.
We are also doing this week
tuna noodle casserole, spaghetti & homemade sauce, frozen pizzas :) , and breakfast dinner (a fave with my kids :) )

Stefibeth 06-01-2010 10:28 AM

Salsa Chicken! I love that stuff. Maybe I should add it to the menu for this week!

kocho 06-01-2010 10:50 AM

I made a huge batch of chicken and rice that the kids and I will be eating all week.

DH is only home for a few dinners this week. One of them will be talapia since I wanted to make it over the weekend and he insisted on getting KFC instead. grrr

I may make meatloaf if the weather stays cool. I don't use the oven much in the summer (no AC) so I'm trying to get a few more oven meals in while it's rainy this week. lol

Oh and I bought corn on the cob so we'll be having that.

doodle19 06-04-2010 10:51 AM

Everything we eat is Organic and/or all natural, we shop at Whole Foods
Monday- wheat ravioli stuffed w/ spinach and cheese, w/ garlic bread

Tuesday- steak tips, cous cous, and green beans

Wednesday- pot stickers, spinach salad and wheat mac n cheese

Thursday- ribs, sweet potatoe fries, and green beans

Friday- Jamaican style (type of marinade) grilled chicken, garden corn, and strawberries from the garden. Haven't decided if I'll make curry rice of homemade biscuits with this yet.

rosefall 06-04-2010 11:50 AM

Last night was a whole roasted chicken, green beans, stuffed mushroom caps.

Tonight I'm making homemade pizza with whole wheat crust, turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, and green peppers. I'll eat a salad with it, but DH and DS probably won't.

Tomorrow I need to use the leftover chicken, maybe bbq chicken sandwiches.

crystalanne79 06-04-2010 12:04 PM

tonight it's the Pioneer Woman's pot roast, tomorrow leftovers, and that is as far as I have thought. Last night was chef salads.

2queens&1princenmyhouse 06-04-2010 12:49 PM

This past week is on my blog. I haven't come up with next week's yet. But, that santa fe chicken sounds good.

pbresolin 06-04-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystalanne79 (Post 10415945)
tonight it's the Pioneer Woman's pot roast, tomorrow leftovers, and that is as far as I have thought. Last night was chef salads.

Just wanted to say JEALOUS! The Pioneer Woman's pot roast is TO DIE FOR! And easy to make. Yum. Now I want to make one! :mrgreen:

youarelovely 06-04-2010 09:19 PM

If we don't go to my parent's tomorrow, I will be making turkey burgers, sweet potato fries, and a pasta salad!