View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #14
boy-oh-boy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: You know all those things that "baby trainers" acuse babies of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
I thought "terrible twos, what where they talking about? My toddler is so sweet and well behaved for 2." Then he turned three, and wow!

We worked through it. He is usually a really good boy, but still likes to test limits, antagonize his little brother and just act like a 5 year old.

And my 2 1/2 year old has some serious attitude issues. And he is VERY passionate about his emotions. Whatever emotion he is feeling.. .wheather it be affection, anger, feelings hurt, compassion.. whatever emotion.. he feels it VERY strongly and passionately. Makes for some real terrible temper tantrums.. oh yeah, and he holds a grudge! LOL If he gets scolded, he won't talk to me or come near me for like an hour (or his dad if dad is the one who scolded him). It's kina funny.

And you're right.. babies cannot manipulate, they just want to feel secure. But toddlers, they are feeling out the world around them and trying to see just what they can get by with, and they feel their emotions so purely and strongly. More so than we do, I think, because we can rationalize things on a higher level.

I don't really have any advice, but to say stick it out, do the best you can do, and you'll get through it!
Totally this.