View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #61
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Re: Has your circ'd son had any complications, major or minor?

DS1 had no complications as he was a 33wkr and his healed during his stay in the NICU.

DS2 had adhesions to the point they would bleed and blister. Changing him was a nightmare as even wiping him hurt. We had to change with every pee because the acid in the urine would burn him. It was terrible. He was a late PL'er, (3.10 yrs) and once that happened we noticed his pee was deflecting, or hitting the walls. A urologist said it was meatal stenosis and that it could have been happening since he was an infant but because of the pain associated with his penis, we touched as minimally as we could, and certainly didnt go poking around looking for closed holes! He had corrective surgery which was successful and the urologist told us that there isnt a known cause for the stenosis, only that is is UNHEARD OF with intact boys. SO, that to me means, possible circ complication.

DS3 had adhesions from infancy but we were told to leave them alone, clean what we could see and eventually, the foreskin would "pop" back. Well, that did happen on its own at 20 months. The opening is visible but the skind covers all but the tip. Im guessing this means he is also "semi-circed"?

to you mamas with very serious complications.... I have to admit it does make me rethink my choice to circ them. I dunno if I could choose it again if we were to have another boy someday.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote