Whimsy Twist
Registered Users
Formerly: Lilymomma
seller

My Mood:
Re: Co-sleeping death - not sure how to feel now

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriannemae View Post
I never felt comfortable falling asleep while nursing until my babies were 3-4 months old. A big squishy boob can be just as dangerous as a heavy comforter or pillows IMO.
This is what we did. We also used a 'snuggle nest' until DD1 was 3+ months old. For this baby, we have an Arm's Reach, but I still worry about blankets falling into the co-sleeper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryGnomeHome View Post
that's horrible. i'm so sorry!

I know this is scary but it doesn't change my beliefs that co-sleeping is best for mom and baby and the entire family. I co-slept with a 5lb and 4lb preemie and a 6lb term baby. I wouldn't change any of those experiences. We found that the 5lb preemie had almost no apnea spells at night sleeping in bed with mom and dad but when she was alone in a bassinet for naps and such and not worn, she had WAY more. And knowing this, it's so scary. We were really lucky to leave the NICU on an apnea monitor but since other people don't get that, it's my opinion that co-sleeping probably saves infants' lives. Really. I think it's the safest way.
Similar experience with preemies. We had less gagging/reflux spells and night wakings when I co-slept my twins.

To the OP: So terribly sorry to hear about that. I'm not sure I would be able to weed through my thoughts very well after going through this either. I hope you are able to find some peace soon!

Whimsy Twist
for the love of color...
find me on Facebook or Etsy
Whimsy Twist is offline   Reply With Quote