View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Heavy Backpacks and School Age Kid Advice?

I'm not really sure what to do about this My 10yo backpack is soooo heavy! but she absolutely insists that nothing can go. She doesn't usually have more than one textbook, but she does often have library books. Usually one or two - sometimes as many as three - books she has borrowed from friends and wants to give back, books she has promised to lend. I *love* that she is a reader, so I hate to discourage book carrying, but then again... In any case, she gets *furious* with me if I suggest anything could stay home (can we all say TWEEN?). She also has her lunch, a bottle of water, and 2x/week, like today, carries her trumpet to school.

Now it's only 2 blocks to school, and I think it's important to walk to school - a big part of being a big kid, etc. Not to mention that I don't really want to be her chauffeur and have littler kids that are harder to get out of the house. But I don't know what to do about the fact that her backpack looks bigger than she does and seems awfully heavy for a 60lb kid.

What do you do? I thought of a wheelie backpack, but then read somewhere that those are not much better bc they end up twisting around and anyways I've never found wheelies very good on sidewalks.

Thoughts? Experiences?
jamieism is offline   Reply With Quote