View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
Xeniphia
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Please help with my 6yo dd

I think you're doing a great job. I agree in seeing if on a calm day you can try to get some insight into why she's feeling differently now, it could well be that she's feeling isolated because of a new sibling and losing her best friend. Do you have the old friend's new address? If so it may be neat for her to be able to be pen-pals with her. If she's not capable of it yet you could write and read the letters for her, maybe it would help her not feel like she lost her friend completely.

When I was 5 my family moved and I lost my best friend, I still remembered that with pain over 10 years later. I don't know if we would have even stayed friends that long had I not moved, but in my kid's brain all I knew was I lost my "only" friend (I didn't make friends well in my new town). Kids losing friends can be HUGE in their minds, much more than we as adults think it should be sometimes.
Gaming Star Wars Geek married to the love of my life. Cosleeping , Breastfeeding , Babywearing , CDing , ECing, Nonvaxing, Noncircing, BLWing, HS hopeful WAHM to my Jedi 7-2003, and my munchkin 8-2009.
Xeniphia is offline   Reply With Quote