View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #2
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Effects of dehydration/not getting enough fluids for several hours

She should be fine. Did daddy have a reason for not providing drinks like a bottle or sippy of water/milk/formula? Sometimes dudes don't think about the outside world. My hubby can eat a full breakfast & drink a couple of softdrinks but did he think about feeding our dog who has no hands in which to get her own food or water? No.
Just remind him that when he drinks or eats, so does she. I grew up on a farm that the rule was the animals ate first, then we did after. It taught us respect and outward thought for lesser capable creatures.

Long term, she should be fine. My 2yo was hospitalized with dehydration after battling a 3 week long illness prior in which he refused to eat or drink anything for days dispite our best efforts(including force drinking him!). After replenishing fluids, he was fine again(except for the underlying illness). His pee was very concentrated and he had some constipation issues for a day or two after, but remember that he had been sick for a few weeks. Your girl is healthy and it was just 8hrs.
You could call your pedi to be sure, but she's probably okay.