View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #19
descrstn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: SIL dilikes my child. Cousins can't play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b View Post
Wow, your SIL must be so miserable. I'm sure her actions are being motivated by a deep self esteem and resentment issue, now knowin her past with men and dealing with all the allergies and whatnot. However this is no excuse.

The person I feel the worst for is her daughter. Her daughter is being very affected by hermoms actions and what her mother is teaching her. Even if a 4 year old can't fully understand what "thank you" and "your welcome" and forgiveness are, she certainly can teach her that saying such things is the right thing to do then go from there.

Sophie is lucky to have a great mom like yourself. Just tell her the truth, as much of the truth that she can handle at least (like A's mommy doesn't want her playing right now" or something similar) and explain to her that it's not that A doesn't like her, etc.

I know you said you live in a small town, but are there any bigger cities within drivin distance? Usually larger towns and cities should have some sort of playgroups. What about local libraries? Do they have any story times or play groups? And what about the other kids in Sophie's class? Has she made friends with any of them?
We have Sunday School, Library class on thursday and the park when it doesnt rain. so thats at least 2X a week sometimes 3 for socializing. Coos Bay has about 30k people and its a half hour away. Might be worth googling stuff