View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 10:44 PM   #2
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cows Milk?

My dd was ready for sippy cups at 11 mos and I gave her Vit D. At 12 mos your are able to give them Vit D anyway (for the next year and then you can switch to 2%). I don't think it affected her in any way.

My ped said to make sure ds is getting 8-12 (I think...could be 16?? but that seems high) oz of vit D a day when he was 18 mos.

We gave him organic Yo Baby yogurt too and that helped with his milk intake. I don't know exactly when we started with that flavored organic yogurt though. LOL

ETA:
With Vit D peds say to start you just give them a tbsp of plain white yogurt (not low fat...it needs to be the highest fat % possible), cottage cheese and little sips of milk every now and again to prepare their bellies. I would do that first to make sure it doesn't cause any upset. Introducing milk is like introducing new foods. You want to give it to them once a day for 4 days and then watch for a reaction. I don't think we did that but we did give the yogurt, milk, cottage cheese to introduce it to him.

HTH!

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!

Last edited by Bare Bottom Gear; 04-26-2006 at 10:49 PM.
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote