View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
camillesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
2nd timer "newbie" needs advice

So I CD'ed my daughter until she was way too challenging, and started eventually PL'ing. I tried just about everything, and eventually decided that snapping pockets were the way to go with my heavy wetter/chunky monkey.

Now, with my 7 month old son, I feel like a newbie again. There's so much new stuff on the market, and I have no idea what it's all about. I bought him an NB stash of fitteds and covers, used those until he outgrew them, and then life got too difficult for extra laundry. I'm now ready to take on the laundry, and looking for suggestions. He is about 18lbs and skinny! He doesn't seem to be nearly the wetter my daughter was, and obviously b/c he's a boy, the moisture is concentrated at the front. Altogether, I consider myself starting completely from scratch again.

What do I want?
- A system that is easy, preferably with a disposable insert option for the dipe bag
- Doesn't have to be cheap, but not too $$- moderately priced
-Wicks moisture so baby doesn't get dipe rash
-Snaps (I hate aplix)

Lmk if I am being clear about my expectations... BTW, I just tried the FLIP system and hated it. It's basically glorified pfs/covers and really bulky and annoying to use. The inserts took FOREVER to dry, and the covers didn't fit DS well at all.

Please spam me with anything you LOVE, mamas! TIA!