Old 06-13-2006, 01:20 PM   #29
Gwen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Frugal Eating Support Thread

Alright Typical 12 meal (2 weeks of food) plan

Pizza and salad
Spaggetti w/ meat sauce and salad (for 2 meals)
Eggplant parmesean (for 2 meals)
Salad w/ some sort of meat (like smoked sausage) corn on cob
White bean chilli, salad (for 2 meals)
Ham, fresh green beans, corn on cob (for 2 meals)
Stuffed bellpeppers, salad (for 2 meals)

My husband had business lunches everyday and I have pb and j - so I do leftovers almost every other night - and we either eat at a friends or go out at least once a week - so these is all my dinners for 2 weeks.

I buy frozen pizza and add a bag of frozen veggies on top and serve with salad

Spaggheti - I use the Barrila plus pasta and use spicy turkey sausage browned and them add the Barrila Marina sauce

Eggplant parmesean - Large eggplant - slice into rounds - dip in egg and then
dip in italian breadcrumbs - bake on wire rack on cookie sheet for 20 mins.
Layer eggplant then marina sauce, then cheese (I use mozzeralla - it's cheaper) Bake for 30 mins - makes a ton!

White bean chilli - Saute 1 onion - add 2 tablespoons flour, 1 can green chillies and 1 tablespoon cumin - brown for 2 minutes - add 1 can chicken broth and 2 cans navy beans. You can add cooked chicken if you want. You can serve with cheese, salsa and sour cream if you want.

Ham, bean, corn - Ham is the precooked stuff - you can brown is skilliet with some maple syrup, I snap my green beans and microwave with a little water for 7 minutes. I husk my corn, wrap in wax paper and microwave each ear for 2 minutes (you can do more than 1 ear at a time)

Stuffed pepper - microwave peppers for 15 minutes. While they are cooking I brown the rest of my turkey sausage - then I add about 1/2 c bread crumbs to that - stuff my peppers - pour tomato paste over that and microwave another ten minutes.

We have a dinner salad almost every night.

Not much of a cook so things have to be really easy for me!

Gwen