View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #2
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC while breastfeeding

There's a book called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" that I've heard lots of people talk about but I haven't read it myself. Supposedly it has some tips about TTC while BF.

You can also check out this article for information and more links that might be helpful: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/fertility.html.

Part of it is just going to be your body though. DJ was ebf on demand around the clock (every hour or so in fact!) and I got my period back at 4 weeks post-partum! We were "practicing" abstinance (and we got pretty darn good at it!) but I got preggo again about the fifth time we "did it" so apparently my fertility came back with a vengeance too. My cousin's baby was ebf on demand around the clock (about every 2 hours) and she got hers back around 8 months but has been actively TTC with no luck for the past 15 months since then. The OB I saw with my first son told me that she didn't get her period back till 13 months AFTER she completely weaned...and she was never able to pump much so she started supplementing with formula when her daughter was 6 weeks old! Everybody's different I guess...

Good luck...
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote