View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
A no-carry baby?

I'm sad that it just seems like my little one doesn't really like being worn. I have tried various carriers, I used the sling the first few weeks, but she started to squirm all the time in it and it wasn't comfortable anymore for me. So we bought an infant insert for the ergo, but that's never really been very comfortable for me either as she spends most of the time pushing against me with her arms so I'm constantly leaning back and end up with a backache. So that was a waste of money since we've barely used it! I then got a Moby, and the only position she likes is to be face forward, which isn't really comfortable for me for long periods and it doesn't really help me to get things done as I can't bend over easily without hitting her head on things. Any other position she tenses up and wriggles the entire time and sounds like she's straining. I'm so sad! I thought all babies loved to be carried, I wore my ODD in the ergo until she was 19 months (and I was 5 months pregnant and I couldn't wear her anymore!). I'm now getting ANOTHER carrier, a mei tai, lol! Will I find something that works? She seriously just seems to be happier when I put her down, I carried her home today in the ergo a few blocks, and she strained and pushed the entire time, we got home, I changed her and put her straight in bed and she went to sleep! She is happy to sit in the stroller, she never complains, and she doesn't even really want to be held all the time. I also find when I'm holding her it seems like she is constantly rooting, even if she has just been fed. Maybe that's why she can't relax in a carrier, she wants to eat as soon as she is near me? Has anybody else experienced this?