View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
Arkaidy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
2nd time around not so easy, he seems to WANT formula!!

Ugh, where to start, and how to keep it short. I breastfeed DD who is now 3 until she was 2 years old. DS is almost 4 months old and breastfeeding. I have been suspicious that he wasn't liking my milk, he is always fussing at the breast, latching on, unlatching, crying, arching his back, and just not seeming to drink enough. At times I feel COMPLETELY empty when I should have lots. I only work 12 hours a week, at which time DH gives a bottle of milk, pumped if I can get any out, formula if I can't.

Today I worked for the first time in a week, and DS downed a lot of formula and has been so much happier than he has been in weeks. He will just lay there relaxed after a feeding, not crying, and he seems to be very hungry. So, feeling horrible that I may have been underfeeding my little man I felt horrified and gave another bottle of formula later on today when he was again basically refusing my breast, and same thing, he is so much happier and content!

You know, I thought myself to be a seasoned breastfeeder, but I feel like I'm doing it for the first time!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and I'm also wondering what is the dose for Fenugreek? I have a bottle left from DD, I think it's 620 mg, but I forgot how many I need to take to see my supply boosted.

Thank you!

Veggie lovin', cloth diapering, semi-vaxing, babywearin', co-sleeping, extended bfing, extended rear-facing, non spanking, no CIO EVER kinda family with lot's of fuzzy luvies.
And expecting #2!! ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35** **40
Arkaidy is offline   Reply With Quote