View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
j+csmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Disciplining a Spirited Child

First off... HUGS! My DS is very spirited... we say he's got 2 gears, go and fast. lol All his emotions are all or nothing. He cries BIG, when he gets mad he gets P.O'd, when he's happy he's jumping excited, so on.... As far as discipline with him, we've found that just keeping cool and calm is key. He absolutely feeds off of our stress and anger. If we let our emotions guide our discipline, he knows it and pushes our buttons even more. Also, stay consistent. Pick one thing, and stay with it. It's very trying, but it's worth it in the end. We read 123 Magic and applied that concept. It is the time out thing, but it's also being consistent and emotion-less with discipline. Sorry, I'm kinda talking in circles, but of course, he's acting out b/c I'm not giving him 100% attention.... Hope you find some peace soon.

ETA: I forgot about the diet thing too! We recently overhauled his diet. We've cut all refined sugar, limited dairy, and cut food dyes. It has seemed to help with his behavior. The more 'whole' you can go, the better. GL mama!

Last edited by j+csmama; 05-20-2010 at 08:17 AM.
j+csmama is offline   Reply With Quote