MaxCapacity
Registered Users
Formerly: newfluffma
seller

My Mood:
Re: Milk & GERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunam View Post
I found it at kroger, but I know it's not easy to find in some places. My sister lives in a big city and couldn't find it in several stores she went to. At my kroger, it's in the "organic/natural foods" section, in that refrigerated section. They have half gallons there. The also have shelf stable quarts (?) on the shelf in that section. I'm sure places like whole foods and trader joes have it. I didn't find it at meijers or walmart. I prefer refrigerated, but I keep shelf stable ones for if I run out (I use it mostly for cooking though). I like to buy the regular kind and add a little homemade chocolate syrup to it. The chocolate flavored reminds me of yoohoo.

The benefits of different milk is controversial. On one hand you have people who swear all animal milks are not meant for human consumption, and on the other hand you have people who believe animal milk is not only healthy, but necessary. And there's in-between people. So you kind of just have to read up on it and form your own opinion. Personally I believe animal milk is not meant for human consumption. As far as nutrition goes...well almond milk doesn't have the vit D, calcium, and protein that cow's milk has, but it's still yummy. We don't drink milk for nutrition though. It's for a treat (with chocolate!), cooking, and maybe cereal. We get our protein, calcium, and vit D elsewhere.
Thanks so much for all the info! I'll check into it. Where do you get your vit. D from? Protein & calcium we've got covered w/ cheese, yogurt, meats & other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeniphia View Post
I know a lady on another forum who has a really odd milk fat intolerance. She and some of her girls can tolerate nonfat (skim) milk and not milk with any fat. It sounds like this may be his issue? If lower fat content helps more it could be. If you'd like I can try to see if she'll pop over here to discuss things with you, or maybe get her email address for you. Let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Awww, that would be so awesome! Thank you so much!