MaxCapacity
Registered Users
Formerly: newfluffma
seller

My Mood:
Re: Milk & GERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenilouise061279 View Post
Hi there I am Xeniphia's friend Jen. It does sound very similar to our experience. With milkfat we also get some red splotches on our ears and faces. I tend to get hives. Every dairy product in our house is made with nonfat milk even cheese and yogurt which my daughters also just love. My two year old has at least one yogurt a day. Since he seemed to have less of a problem with the lower fat content I would try nonfat with him. I know it's also something they can eventually grow out of (one of my brothers did.) And if you are worried about replacing the good fats Dr. Sears has a wonderful list but I need more posts to be able to post links. If you go to his website and search "brain foods" about halfway down is a list. HTH!
Thank you very much! I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. He has no problem with splotches or hives...it's all just connected to his Gastro-esophageal Reflux Disease. It's all about him urping up yucky stuff. I've moved to the low/no-fat yogurt & limit him to one/day because he would eat it all day long if I let him. We go with regular cheese & it doesn't seem to bother him at all. There is one other food that he LOVES that bothers him & that's hotdogs. I know, I know...don't hate me because I let him eat them, he LOVES them!!! We did recently switch to turkeydogs & he seems to be doing better with those. I'll go check out the "brain foods". Thanks again!