View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #8
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

Re: How often do you play with your children?

I have 4- ages 9, 4, 2.5 and 9 mos. So, uh, not that much. My oldest was an only for 5.5 yrs and I was basically at her beck and call. It really was not healthy for her or me in our case. I talk to the kids a lot, since they like to follow me around and talk to me constantly (mostly the 4 and 2 yr old boys- that is a very talkative age!). I feel like my 9 yr old gets the short end of the stick and I *hate* that, but I am only one person and the little ones just need more care/attention. Other than that, I feel like I spend enough time "playing" with them, plus they all have chores (besides the baby ) and get positive attention for doing those or helping me out. Honestly, I think some playtime/reading/undivided attention is necessary, but not a ton of it. It's healthy for kids to be bored, learn patience, and figure out how to entertain themselves. Have you tried keeping to a routine where she knows exactly when she can expect one on one time with you? I need to take my own advice on that one, as I need a way to preserve my sanity. lol.