Thread: Ear help
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ear help

My youngest had tubes placed in Dec. '08 for neg. pressure resulting in hearing loss.

Starting 3 weeks ago she began complaining that one of her ears hurt. There was no puss coming out of the ear and no fever. Nothing to indicate infection and she only complained on and off. So we put off taking her in. Yesterday I decided that we had waited long enough. Come to find out the tube in that ear has fallen out (which is normal....they only last a short amount of time and we are blessed that it lasted as long as it did). The neg. pressure is back and to the point that the ear drum is drawn in. The doc. thinks that as she is eating, coughing etc. she is popping the ear (like you do on a plane) and that is what is causing the pain. No suggestions about how to correct this or make it more comfortable for her (just a group ped. not her ent or regular ped. - last minute appointment).

Do you mama's have any suggestions as we wait to get into her ENT? We are taking off for Memorial day and our trip includes crossing the Sierra Nevada's. Can't imagine how painful the change in elevation is going to be.