Old 05-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #23
mom2riley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I think it's baby day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abunchofus View Post
Mindy - all Dr.'s and nurses tell you that - but guess what if no one was sticking their fingers up in there to check you every hour then there wouldn't be near as many germs getting in there to cause infection.

Now don't get me wrong you can always get an infection anyway but water leaking or even broke for 24-48 hours is not a big deal at all!

and especially if you're like me and at home in your own environment where you're already immune to most anything in your home and you're not having internal exams.

so what sense does it make - NONE!

Kristi - I am kind of hoping that is what happens to me - is that this is all just working slowly and then it'll happen quick.

Of course then our friend won't have time to get here. She's been to homebirths before but she's an hour away!

we gotta decide in the next hour or two whether to call her and tell her to come sleep the night here or what. I worry if we dont' that she won't make it if I wake up in hard labor but then I worry if I do that I'll sleep all night and then it be sometime tomorrow and I'll have wasted her time coming here to stay the night when she could have been in her own bed.
I would call her. My labors are the same, w/ DD they wanted to take me for a CS, I told my OB I was comfy and would like to ride it out another couple hours (after 19 hrs of slow labor and my water was broken). She said that she wouldn't normally, but I was insistent and she would let me go and get a nap in "before my CS". Not even a half hour later I was telling the nurse I had pressure, 45 min later I had a baby. I was at 5 45 min before my baby girl was born, LOL. GL and I bet all of a sudden your labor is going to take off.
Leilani '10
mom2riley is offline   Reply With Quote