View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
Welcome Addisyn Marie!

Born all natural at 12:57 am 6-6-10! 7lbs, 20 inches. Born at 40 weeks, 3 days. Nursed right away for about an hour, but hasn't been to hot on the idea since then. We are waiting for her breathing to slow before we can go home and crossing our fingers we won't have to take her to the Hosi.

Started getting contrax around 4 am on the 5th. They were 3-5 mins apart lasting 30-60 secs. They were intense enough to bring tears to my eyes. Then they slowed to almost a complete stop till about 1pm. They started back and I lost some mucusy blood.

We called the midwife at 5 and said we were heading into town. She thought I was still in early stage since the contrax were 7-10 mins apart. We planned that she could check me then we would go stay with my grandpa until I was moving more seriously. We are about 45 mins from the midwife and left close to 5. About half way there, we got stuck in a huge backup do to a wreck. So here I am in labor stuck in traffic. Great!

Finally got to the midwifes around 7 and she checked me and I was 7-8 cm with a bulging bag! I was SO surprised! So we stayed there and started to waiting game. Around 10 my water broke. Contrax picked up a little more then. But when my water broke I was still only 7-8 cm and I really felt like I had to push. It took everything in me not to push and that was the hardest part of all! Once her head was coming, there was no stopping her! She slid out so fast the midwife almost missed her.

Started pushing about 12:30 and Addisyn was born at 12:57. She had her cord wrapped tight around her neck and her heart rate wouldn't stay steady while I was pushing. I had to push her out faster and harder then I wanted to and tore a little because of it, but nothing requiring stitches. (BTW, if you get a little tear like mine, midwife said honey on it would help to keep the burning down when you pee. Can't wait to get home and try this)

Now we are just waiting for her breathing to steady. it is good while she is asleep, but when she is awake, it goes too high so we can't leave since we are so far away in case something happens. If it doesn't steady out soon, we will have to take her to the hosi and check her lungs for meconuim and I guess run some other tests.

I would post pics now, but we don't have a card reader with us. She is beautiful though! Smaller then anyone thought and lots of dark blonde hair! She is definitely overdue! She has tons of dry flakey skin and no lanugo at all. But she is perfect in every way! I will post pics when I can. Thanks ladies for being there and helping support me during my last few months of pregnancy.

UPDATE: left about an hour after I posted this. It was a long first night. She was very stuffy. Midwife said because she came out so fast she didn't get a good squeeze to her chest. But her breathing slowed and she is doing great! Nursing is going wonderful now! We are in love!