View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #108
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Summer weightloss challenge starts today! check in here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerica View Post
My DH is incredibly, 100% supportive. We're doing this together. 8 months ago I was 250 lbs, and my DH was 350 lbs. He had some blood work done, and was told that he was diabetic. That news just scared him so much that he vowed that day to change his life. He is 56 years old (26 years older than I am) and he wants to be healthy for his children so that he can be around for them for as long as possible.

So starting that day we started eating healthy! We cut out most red meats and buy ground turkey instead, and we eat a lot of chicken. No more white rice - now it's brown rice. Lots of fruit and veggies and whole grains. It's actually been a really fun journey to be on together, and it certainly is not a diet - it's a true life style change. We don't want to be fat and unhealthy, and we don't want to set that example for our children.

In 8 months, I've gone from 250 to 186. And my DH has gone from 350 to 224. He no longer has high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes. He gets down on the floor and plays with the kids. It has been AMAZING and AWESOME to watch him work so hard. I love his dedication and commitment to be the best father he can be.

Somewhere on this weightloss forum I posted his full story, plus before and after pictures if anyone is interested in seeing!!

Erica, you have come so far already! What great encouragement

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchTeacher View Post
I didn't have time to answer this yesterday, so I'll answer it now

My FH is quite supportive of my efforts to get my weight under control. He is not in perfect shape himself and has his own struggles with weight. He is maybe 20 lbs heavier than he would like to be. He is also diabetic and has high blood pressure, so working out is more of a health thing for him than it is for me. I'm not going to lie.... for me, losing weight is more about looking better and feeling better about myself, being healthier is a side benefit. We don't work out together -- I prefer to run alone (time for just ME!) and am also fairly self-conscious about people seeing me suck wind and struggle. FH has been impressed, though, at how hard I've been working these past couple of weeks. He forgets how obsessive I can become when I set my mind to something....

Just yesterday, we set our wedding date for August 2nd -- which is less than 6 weeks away. I want to look good at our super-simple-barefoot-on-the-beach wedding, so this is good motivation for me to keep working hard.

I have a weight-loss related question: is it BAD to weigh yourself every day? The reason I ask this is because I was at 162 on Monday and was at 159 this morning. Something seems wrong with that -- is it possible to lose 3 pounds that fast or is that some kind of misleading fluke? Should I just stay away from the scale until my next official weigh in next Monday?
Congrats on setting your date

I hear you on weighing yourself too much That darn scale is just so tempting when you want to see if your hard work is paying off.